Custom AMD build FX 6300 success!!
3 3

13 posts in this topic

I am extremely happy that there was a distro for my system! 

specs are the 6300, Gigabyte 78lmt-usb3 12gb ram and a MSI Radeon R9 270. It is dual booted with Windows 7 currently

1Rvqx8V.png

All I needed to put was "amdfx -v" as boot flags to get into the installer and it was smooth sailing from there, disk utility formatted my partition that I set up for it and pretty much all I needed in the Customization menu was already selected. It installed without errors and when I rebooted my USB mouse and keyboard wasn't working so the bootflag "UsbBusFix=Yes" fixed that right up and was able to boot into it. Right now I just have 10.9.0 installed, figuring out what I need to install to get it upgraded.

So the bads:

At the moment as far as I know the dvd drive isn't working but I really dont use that so its all good. I am not sure if audio input is working but Ill try that soon enough. But right now the installation is solid and its performing as if it were a real mac! :)

1 person likes this

Got it working on my fx 6300/7750 rig. All I had to do was graphicsenabler=No and it worked perfectly!

1 person likes this

I was trying to install Niresh OSX 10.9 in my AMD FX6300 based system with Gigabyte GA 78 LMT-USB3 Motherboard. But the file is around 5 GB and I tried to write it into my 8 GB USB Drive using Trans MAC and after it failed to boot into setup, tried to write the ISO file into USB Drive using Power ISO. That also failed to get booted up.

I am new to the installation of OSX into AMD PC. If anyone could help me with this please do. I will greatly appreciate it.

How did you create the Bootable USB?

I am not able to boot from USB even after writing the ISO file using Transmac and Power ISO. Now Trying to make the USB Bootable using Windows Command Prompt and then Copy the Contents in the ISO to the Flash Drive and try that way. Lets see....!!!

I was atlast able to install the Distro using USB Drive. But now, when I start the OSX and try to create the account, it gets stuck and the Keyboard is not working as well. What can I do about this?

I am extremely happy that there was a distro for my system! 

specs are the 6300, Gigabyte 78lmt-usb3 12gb ram and a MSI Radeon R9 270. It is dual booted with Windows 7 currently

1Rvqx8V.png

All I needed to put was "amdfx -v" as boot flags to get into the installer and it was smooth sailing from there, disk utility formatted my partition that I set up for it and pretty much all I needed in the Customization menu was already selected. It installed without errors and when I rebooted my USB mouse and keyboard wasn't working so the bootflag "UsbBusFix=Yes" fixed that right up and was able to boot into it. Right now I just have 10.9.0 installed, figuring out what I need to install to get it upgraded.

So the bads:

At the moment as far as I know the dvd drive isn't working but I really dont use that so its all good. I am not sure if audio input is working but Ill try that soon enough. But right now the installation is solid and its performing as if it were a real mac! :)

Hi,

I am facing issue with my Keyboard (Non USB) not working and also while setting up the account, system gets stuck. My specs are exactly the same as yours. Managed to install Niresh 10.9.0 but this issue is making it difficult to set up account and get into OSX. Could you help me out with this?

1 person likes this

I stumbled across this post looking for help with my Gigabyte 78lmt-usb3 AMD FX6300 install of OS X 10.9 (Niresh).

Near as I can tell, everything works except the LAN and a USB Wi-Fi adapter I plugged in to see if that was the issue.  Right now, I can't even change the method by which I connect to the internet in Network Preferences.  They are all grayed out with dial-up modem pre-selected.  I read here that a number of you got everything working minus an optical drive or something.  That means you got the network working.  Please point me in the right direction.

Things to know
I have already tried the USBBusFix=Yes flag for the Wi-Fi dongle.  No dice.
I have tried the "Fixes 90% of Ethernet" mpkg.  No dice.
I got caught in a loop during set-up (once I selected my internet access method (DHCP LAN), I would go back to language selection.  Unplugging my network cable let me past it.  However, plugging the cable in before or after subsequent boots resulted in a fine boot, but still no network access.  The same goes for plugging in or removing the USB dongle.

I get the feeling I need a kext of some kind, but not sure which or where to get it.  I can figure out/read how to install it.  Just need help with what the fix is; I'll execute it.

**********************Not intending to hijack (I hate that).  Looking for help from what I thought was someone who may already have the solution to a similar hardware setup.**************************************

Thank you kindly.

Edited by lspcrash
Clear up that I'm not intending to hijack the thread.

I can only boot to the USB flash drive recording a CD with the chameleon, you know if any bios configuration is blocking the bootloader? and I still can not enter the language screen, I get the error:

AppleUSBOHCI: Check Sleep Capability - CONTROLLERS wants BE unloaded across sleep.

you know something that can help me?

Amd fx 6300

ga 78 lmt usb3 rev 6

nvidia gtx 960

2x4 hiperX fury

2x1 Tb HD