[Fixed] BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 no such file or directory
3 3

Question

Hi All

I have a problem after installing Niresh's 10.8.2 on my HP Pavilion DV6-6023TX to a Lexar 16GB USB (MBR). I can boot up the installation without any flags except -v and everything installs ok but the thing is when i try and boot up post installation it always stops at the line  BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 no such file or directory

WKaAgfR.jpg

This is what happens when i try and boot with -x

CRQqLfd.jpg

I have tried reparing permissions and regenerating a new kext cache but it still has the same problem. Does anyone have any idea on how i can fix this problem

Laptop Specs:

-CPU: Intel i5 2410M
-Memory: 4GB
-Graphics: Intel HD 3000 + ATI Radeon 6770m

Thanks

26 answers to this question

Are you connecting and extra monitor to the laptop? And is your BIOS Flashed ?

1 person likes this

Do you see justBootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 no such file or directoryorBootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 no such file or directoryBug:launchctl.c:2408 (24687):30: cdefd =open (g_overrides_db_patch....This issue in my experience is due to a Chameleon bootloader and/or fakesmc.kext version issue problem.......and the problem is usually resolved by trying a different version of Chameleon bootloader and/or fakesmc.kext........However, if you have enabled the UEFI BIOS mode, you should be using the Clover UEFI bootloader, which is an EFI bootloader, and not Chameleon, which is a BOOT132 bootloader.......Unless you have the option to disable the UEFI BIOS mode and hence use the legacy MBR BIOS mode, enabling you to use the Chameleon bootloader.........it depends on what bootloader your installation CD employs.....

1 person likes this

1) Are you connecting and extra monitor to the laptop? And is your BIOS Flashed ?

No i have not connected a extra monitor and yes the bios is flashed with a whitelisted one

2) It says only says BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 no such file or directory.

-Do you have any links to different versions of fakesmc that i can try?

-My BIOS is not UEFI and the bootloader never installs correctly for some reader because i always get boot0:error so i always try and boot the usb using the native bootloader on niresh's 10.8.2 instsall cd

and you can use Bootdiskutility to create a Bootable usb ,try to boot using this usb 

and you can use Bootdiskutility to create a Bootable usb ,try to boot using this usb 

-x doesnt do crap, still gets stuck in the same place as the picture

-f -v allows me to get past the BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 no such file or directory but now it gets stuck at BootCacheControl: Added 32bit kernel cache to the lowest priority batch.

BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 no such file or directory

BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCaches/PreheatedUser/Merged.playlist: 2 no such file or directory

BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache/PreheatedUser/Login.playlist: 2 no such file or directory

BootCacheControl: Added 32bit kernel cache to the lowest priority batch

Any ideas?

have you tried using Bootdiskutility

Check that your BIOS parameters are configured according to the recommended settings

I was gointo say same thing .make sure The Bios are correct .Go thru eatch one of them to make sure

1 person likes this

This is what happens when i boot using the usb i created with bootdiskutility. Tried running -v -x noapic cpus=1 but it still has the same problem.

Also how come i cant type any boot commands into the clover screen where i select my hdd?

1rfMLyk.jpg

Let me know This is after installation or before installation ???

use  usekernelcache=yes -v ,,plz don't add another flags post image 

added usekernelcache=yes and -v to com.apple.boot.plist and com.chameleon.boot.plist under kernel flags but it still hast the same problem

if i try and boot the usb using the disc then there is no problem

To anyone who reads this in the future

BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 no such file or directory

means that your installation did not complete correctly. Switch to another device and it will be fine

IMG_0833_zpsfc1ea8e7.jpg

Installed niresh many times on my PC....but this time his crazy thing is not going away.... what happend is i just updated my asus bios and then i tried to install and BOOTcache is not allowing to bypass no matter what flag i use....

I have i5 processor, asus p8h61m le USB3 MoBo. as i said hardware is 100% compatible as i installed same niresh many times in past on same hardware..... any help?

(Note:- i just have to select AHCI in past in bios in past....since i have updated my BIOS let me know if i have to change any other atribute to install!)

means that your installation did not complete correctly. Switch to another device and it will be fine

Hi, I encounter the same problem on my laptop Dell XPS M1530.

Basicly I am following this (http://www.osx86.net/topic/19216-success-mavericks-gm-13a598-on-dell-xps-m1530/) to create my USB installer.

However when I start install the mavericks, it give me the 2 no such file faulty every time.

I have tried fix permission and rebuild cache on kext-wizards, but it still make no difference.

Could you please advise how to fix this problem? What do you mean about the "installation did not complete correctly. Switch to another device and it will be fine"? I really confused. :headbang:

What do you mean switch to another device ?

unable to open /var/db/bootcache.playlist
is not an error it stays there that a problem
it could be because of bad installation or missing or fakesmc or even non supported graphics cards
if its non supported graphics card try this guide 
1 person likes this

hello friends,

plz help me :: +918800174949

i got the osx mavericks  from niresh and i restore it into my pendrive. i just installed into my laptop. mac osx installed and when pc restart thn   i can see white niresh screen thn a silver apple logo bt at tht time the cursor rotates and stop moving and the hard disk light stop blinking. i just start mac into verbose mode and safe mode thn bootcachecontrol : unable to open such problem and thn after time its stop. 

so i am in problem anybody can help me.  plz help me and i posted my contact no.  

i think i should apply some boot flag bt i dont knw how to apply boot flag and what boot flag. so plz 

This is a complete 2 minute fix for this boot cache.playlist issue.   You don't need to boot or reformat from Recovery.

1- Restart the computer in sigle user mode: cmd + s when starting

2 - Mount the drive in read/write mode:     mount -uw /

3 - create list of whats in that directory to verify the file is there.     ls /etc

3 - If file is there.   Remove it       rm /etc/launchd.conf

4 - reboot.

2 people like this

This is a complete 2 minute fix for this boot cache.playlist issue. You don't need to boot or reformat from Recovery.

1- Restart the computer in sigle user mode: cmd + s when starting

2 - Mount the drive in read/write mode: mount -uw /

3 - create list of whats in that directory to verify the file is there. ls /etc

3 - If file is there. Remove it rm /etc/launchd.conf

4 - reboot.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

This worked perfectly.

still waiting for root device 

can any one help plzzz 

i have hp 8530p 

4 gb ram 

2.4 core 2 due proc