Suggest me Methods and compatible MAC versions

Question

Hello,

Suggest me Methods and compatible MAC versions for the bellow harware:

My Desktop Spec:

Processor : Intel Core2Duo E4500 2.2ghz

Motherboard : Intel 965RY Motherborard(G965 chipset)

RAM : 5 Gb RAM DDR2

GPU: ATI Readon HD 5450 1GB GPU

My Laptop Spec:

Model: Dell Vostro 1550

Processor : Core i3 (2nd Generation) 2310M 2.1ghz

Chipset : Mobile HM65 Express

RAM : 2Gb RAM DDR3

GPU:Intel HD Graphics (HD3000)

please suggest me compatible OSX version and Install methods for above to Computer..

Thank You in Advanced.

8 answers to this question

For the desktop i can suggest 10.8.5 and for laptop you can go with 10.9Just follow installation guide because eatch setup is different.and if you get stuck somewhere justPost it in the forum and we can help you out.

IF YOU WANT TO INSTALL 10.8.5 IN THE DELL VOSTRO.HERE IS A QUICK GUIDE Install Mac OS X Mountain Lion on Dell Vostro 1550Hi all,today i am going to explain the steps to install latest OS X Mountain Lion on Dell Vostro 1550 laptop having configurations,3rd Gen. Intel Core i3 Intel HD 3000 Graphics4GB DDR3 RAM & 500 GB HDDBroadcom 1701 wireless card & Realtek PCIe ethernet controllerNote: Everything is working perfectly except wireless (Wifi).So the main tools we are going to use are as under,OS X mountain lion ISO image modified for intel/amd. you can download from HERE.at least 20gb free hard disk space.Ok now lets start,Burn the downloaded ISO image on a DVD with any of your favorite CD/DVD burner.Before you boot from dvd, please enable "AHCI" mode for HDD in your BIOS Settings because OS X works under AHCI Mode only.Now boot from the dvd When you get the os x screen select your language and press nextnow on the next screen select "Disc Utility" from the top most menu of the screen.when disc utility starts select the partition you want to install OS X and format it with the option "Mac OS X extended journaled".when it finishes just close the disc utility and select customize on the next screen. Select the Graphics Enabler option under Graphics section. for Sound you have to download Voodoohda kernel (Just google it. Its easily available!).select next and wait for the process to finish installation. when the installation finishes, restart the pc what you get after restart? if you get the welcome screen then its good. But in case if you stuck at apple logo or get grey or blue screen with error. Just restart and enter "Graphics enabler = No" When you get the welcome screen finish the steps and let all the processes finish. ( It will repair all the permissions) generally it takes about 10 - 15 minutes. Don't restart or remove dvd from the drive during this process.when all done you are good to go.. enjoy your hackintosh.There are many flavors available to install mountain lion on pc. But this distro is best as it is very easy to install. for new bees.Don't forget to say thanks and like this if you like my post.Cheers!!! :)
2 people like this

And if you wanna install mac os x 10.9 on the dell vostro follow same Guide! Happy Hackintoshin :D

1 person likes this

thanx for reply...i'll try it out mavericks because i recently downloaded niresh mavericks

IF YOU WANT TO INSTALL 10.8.5 IN THE DELL VOSTRO.HERE IS A QUICK GUIDE Install Mac OS X Mountain Lion on Dell Vostro 1550Hi all,today i am going to explain the steps to install latest OS X Mountain Lion on Dell Vostro 1550 laptop having configurations,3rd Gen. Intel Core i3Intel HD 3000 Graphics4GB DDR3 RAM & 500 GB HDDBroadcom 1701 wireless card & Realtek PCIe ethernet controllerNote: Everything is working perfectly except wireless (Wifi).So the main tools we are going to use are as under,OS X mountain lion ISO image modified for intel/amd. you can download from HERE.at least 20gb free hard disk space.Ok now lets start,Burn the downloaded ISO image on a DVD with any of your favorite CD/DVD burner.Before you boot from dvd, please enable "AHCI" mode for HDD in your BIOS Settings because OS X works under AHCI Mode only.Now boot from the dvdWhen you get the os x screen select your language and press nextnow on the next screen select "Disc Utility" from the top most menu of the screen.when disc utility starts select the partition you want to install OS X and format it with the option "Mac OS X extended journaled".when it finishes just close the disc utility and select customize on the next screen. Select the Graphics Enabler option under Graphics section.for Sound you have to download Voodoohda kernel (Just google it. Its easily available!).select next and wait for the process to finish installation.when the installation finishes, restart the pcwhat you get after restart? if you get the welcome screen then its good. But in case if you stuck at apple logo or get grey or blue screen with error. Just restart and enter "Graphics enabler = No"When you get the welcome screen finish the steps and let all the processes finish. ( It will repair all the permissions) generally it takes about 10 - 15 minutes. Don't restart or remove dvd from the drive during this process.when all done you are good to go.. enjoy your hackintosh.There are many flavors available to install mountain lion on pc. But this distro is best as it is very easy to install. for new bees.Don't forget to say thanks and like this if you like my post.Cheers!!! :)

just one last question in the "Customize" phase i have to check just graphics enabler? and voodoo? actualy i aint got about voodooHDA... does it post installation fix or fall under cutomize phase during installation...thanx

In Customize you can choose the Kexts that You need or if you want to install them Manually You can skip the Graphics and audio in the Customize Phase

1 person likes this

In Customize you can choose the Kexts that You need or if you want to install them Manually You can skip the Graphics and audio in the Customize Phase

well thank you !! did Successful install on vostro..just Volume slider is not working(audio is working) and Touchpad Gestures like scrolling are not working...can you suggest any kexts for alps touchpad

1 person likes this