graphics on ati mobility radeon hd 4200 series
1 1

Question

is there any way to enable this? my system says display 3mb. this is on a gateway nv73

Thank you for any help

7 answers to this question

You have 3mb in graphics because you need the kexts for your videocard.did you search for them? Or you got them ? Or need them ?

1 person likes this

I searched for them. No luck on finding them so yes I need them. If you could send or post I would greatly appreciate it! Also the keyboard and trackpad do not work once I get into mavericks. Works on the boot screen then nothing when I get in. If you could point me in the right direction on that it  would be great. Thank you for the reply.

Ok il search for the kexts and about the keyboard have you try connecting it to a USB 3.0 port or different ports?

1 person likes this

Thank You KhatPhat! I hope you can find something I had no luck. As for the keyboard and mouse, I should of clarified more. The keyboard and trackpad that do not work are the ones built into the laptop. If I plug a keyboard and mouse into the usb ports they do work. I was hoping I could get the built in ones to work. Other than that everything seems to be working ok. I just cant shut it down have to manually hit the power button.

Thank you again!

Ok il search for the kexts and about the keyboard have you try connecting it to a USB 3.0 port or different ports?

yeah I hope people here can help us, I have ati radeon 4250, and which belongs to the 4200 series, and I have no acceleration in the graphic card, which gives 4mb, so like someone here who can help us to make kext works in 10.8.5 or 10.9 oz. thanks

Hello,

I need a kext for this too! It is unbearable how it works. It's slowing down the whole system!

my specs:

Lenovo G555 Laptop

Processor: AMD Athlon II M320@2.1 Ghz

Ram: 4 GB single slot installed

Video: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200

Audio: Conexant Audio

WI-Fi: Atheros (not working)

Ethernet: Broadcom (working)

All is ok excepting video and wifi. Please help me or if someone can put a set of instructions or guide in how to fix this it would be excellent. My lunch pad has an orange look.