Mavericks Compatibility?
3 3

Question

I have a Lenovo ThinkCentre M55 with the following specs:

Intel Pentium 4 630 Processor @ 3.00 GHz x64 based

80 GB Maxtor 6Y080M0 ATA HDD

Intel Chipset Q965/Q963 Display Driver

2 GB RAM( 2; 1 GB Cards)

However, I dont have the AHCI option in BIOS nor do I have an HPET 64-bit mode option

When I started the installation of Niresh Mavericks I got stuck on the apple logo and it did not advance. 

Please tell me if Mavericks is supported on my computer and how to install/fix it. If not please tell me which mac/hackintosh is supported on my computer and how to install that. Thanks in advance!

And before anybody asks, I have tried -v -x GraphicsEnabler=0 PCIRootUID=0 in all manners of combinations but using -v in any one of them just results in a black screen after which I have to manually pull the plug to reboot. -x and the others simply have no effect although it says safe mode etc. in the boot flag entrance area.

6 answers to this question

With a pentium 4 your best bet is to install Snow leopard or Give Niresh 10.7 or Maybe try 10.8 .thats just my opinion.

1 person likes this

yeah Khatpat is correct ,,go upon his Sugestion

14 people like this

Sorry to resurrect an "old" post, but I have a similar problem and a VERY similar computer that I'm trying to install Mac OS X to.

Mine's a ThinkCenter M55, but with a Core2Duo E6600 (@2.4GHz) CPU and I have a GeForce GT240 graphics card in it. (also the integrated Intel, which can't be disabled.)

So, my question is, is this computer compatible with 10.9 (or 10.8/10.7) at all, or am I just trying in vain?

I've tried various installer images on an USB stick but none of those will boot further than a few seconds (they hang after PCI init, so that I need to manually pull the cord, nothing will happen after that.)

I haven't (yet, downloading) tried any Niresh releases, but... 

Are there some essential settings in BIOS that I really should change or do I need something special to get this to boot at all.

I do have a Mac mini (2006) that I can use as a "real" Mac if need be, but as it is a 32bit machine, no Unibeast or similar, unfortunately.

I have got Niresh 10.9 and done all the bios work and I have my USB, while trying to install Maverick, trying all the options using -x -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes and No, everything, but the end result is, restart, my PC gets restart and comeback to the same BOOT page..... m using Dell inspiron i3, 64bit CPU... 

please suggest if m missing anything.