Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Upgrading from Niresh Mavericks 10.9 no GUID

Upgrading from Niresh Mavericks 10.9 no GUID

I hope to upgrade from Niresh Mavericks 10.9. I don't want to have to set up or install anything again, because it took me three weeks to install it and get everything working. I had previously failed to get WiFi working with Niresh Yosemite-Zone.dmg. I'm using a Toshiba Satellite L750-18R laptop with Intel Core i5 CPU, insyde2.0 BIOS, 4Gb RAM and 500Gb hard drive. One mistake I made was I kept typing npci 0x2000 and npci 0x3000 instead of npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 , but it's hard to believe that this prevented my internal WiFi or even an Edimax USB WiFi adaptor from working. I think my graphics are 3000 version.  

I have just tried the official Apple upgrade path to El Capitan. This stopped with an error message saying I have no GUID partition table on my drive. It told me to use Disk Utility to set this up. I was worried this was going to reformat the disk, although I haven't got much personal data on it. I have only installed a few programs which wouldn't take long to reinstall. The error message told me where to look in Disk Utility to set up the GUID partition table, starting with the Permissions tab, then something about Options and Volumes. Unfortunately, there is no Partitions tab in the version of Disk Utility that is supplied with Niresh Mavericks 10.9. I looked around for Options, found some, but there was no mention of GUID. Perhaps I need a later version of Disk Utility or some other software which this OSX version can run.

How can I upgrade from Niresh Mavericks 10.9?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet