stuck at partitioning
2 2

Question

Hi there!

I am a newbie regarding Hackintosh, so my question may be dumb but I cant solve it.

I have a HP Pavilion G6 2240sh laptop which is Hackintosh-compatible. I made a bootable usb stick with Win32DiskImager. I can boot from that without any problem, the install wizard starts up, but it stucked at the partitioning.

I have a hard drive with MBR, it's splitted to 3 parts (1 for windows, 1 for hackintosh and 1 for data). Windows have been already installed.

When I sould have to choose the partition where I want to install Mavericks, i dont see my hard drive in the list. When i open the disk utility, i can see it, but no modifications cant be made because i contantly get error messages without specs (Partition cant be mounted, cant be deleted and so on). I have already tried to make an empty "partition", in that case i could make a partition but the process is stucked at prepairing phase and after some minutes its freeze.

How could i solve this? Maybe I should reformat my whole hard drive?

Thanks for you answers in advance!

Best Regards

Zoli

1 person likes this

5 answers to this question

as per you couldn't see you HDD is listed bcoz of Your Hdd setting is not changed in Bios ,set to SATA=AHCI ,,try again report results 

Well, I think the problem is not the bios settings. I checked it but i didnt find sata configuration menu in my BIOS. I google'd it and found out these: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-PCs-Pavilions-Presario/Pavilion-G6-2127TX-option-in-BIOS-to-set-IDE-mode/td-p/5798071#.UuPVUrSCvIU

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and-Software/Hp-Pavilion-g6-2130se-No-AhCi-in-Bios/td-p/2815013

Regarding these my SATA have been already set to AHCI. Now i try to install the latest sata ahci controllers and stuffs which may help me. I will keep you updated if I get anything positive :D

1 person likes this

Finally I got enough time to figure out what the problem is. :)

I updated my bios and firmware of my ahci controller and now everything is working fine. o/

Customization: uncheck GraphicEnabler, check the IGPEnabler and move Intel kexts. After installation, hackintosh booted without any problem, in addition windows, too. I didnt even have to use any magic in boot files. For Pavilion G6 2240sh, everything seems to be working, except the wifi card (Ralink RT3290), as i know i should have to replace that with a new card.

Thanks for the help and, of course, thanks for the firmware :D

I tried it, but it doesnt work. After installation I got an application named "ralink wireless", but i cant open it. I mean i clicked on it, but after long minutes, nothing happened. I checked my hardware in terminal (lspci -nn) and the osx doesnt recognized my wireless card, it is still marked as "unknown device". In addition it seemed to mess up my usb tethering, but i fixed it. I think a wifi usb stick would be the perfect solution as i dont want to violate the warranty :)

Anyways, thanks for the tip, @Deepak :)