Scrolling on ALPs touchpad

Question

Scrolling on ALPs touchpad

So I installed Yosemite Zone on a Dell Inspiron N5110 with Core i3 2350M and Intel Graphics 3000, here's the thing, I had Windows 10 currently installed, and I didn't want to loose any data if something went wrong, so you know what I did? Installed Yosemite to a flash drive! It's not as slow as I thought it would be! It seems like the longer it runs the faster it gets. It's a SanDisk Cruzer Glide 64GB. Almost everything seems to work, even the WiFi works flawlessly, in Windows it constantly dropped connection and I couldn't join my network from my living room but with macOS it works great. I removed the Intel N-1030 because it was complete and utter junk and put in an Atheros card, 9280 I think (Thats what Sys Profiler says so I'll go with it :D). The touchpad works but it does not scroll, I have tried other Voodoo kexts but they seem to make the keyboard and touchpad quit functioning. It says "No touchpad found" under "Touchpad" in System Preferences. Sleep is buggy, it goes to sleep and wakes up but nothing seems to open and all I get is the beach ball, and when I close the lid it doesn't sleep. Display brightness is also another thing that doesn't work. If I can get those things working I may just backup the internal drive and install macOS and see if I can get dual-boot to work. If you need anymore info please ask! :D

1 answer to this question

The sleep issue seems to be related to the USB drive not being re-mounted when the laptop comes out of sleep. Is it possible to install Yosemite Zone onto a hard drive with an existing windows 10 install? How would I go about getting the boot loader to work and not kill my windows install?