Mac OS X freeze problem
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Mac OS X freeze problem

Hi guys. I downloaded niresh' Mac OS X 10.8.5 usb amd distro and i burnt the dmg to a pendrive with Transmac. I can boot from the pendrive, and I can start the installer from it. Somehow when i try to install it it always freezes at the same time. If i'm really fast, I can get to the installing process but the installation fails everytime. It's like the boot media is disconnected or something, but it's not. I tried a lot of "fixes". I tried ram switching, other kernel, videocard switch ( fully supported natively ). I even tried other distros and all of them does the exact same thing. It's not a kernel panic, i debugged it before. Please help me with this issue.

My PC's specs:

CPU: Amd Athlon 64 x2 4200+ 2,2ghz 2 cores 2 thread ( btw only 1 core is detected by bootloader )

RAM: 4 x 1 GB DDR2 800Mhz

GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 4670 ( I know it's not officially supported by 10.8, but i disabled it )

MOBO: GA-MA69G-S3H

Drives: - 2 x SATA Hard drives, one for install. ( 7200 rpm both - 70 MB read/write )

- 1 x 16gb pendrive for installer ( 15-20 MB read/write )

- Nothing else installed.

I tried different boot flags: -v, "Kernel"="/amd" ( tried using different kernels too ), GraphicsEnabler=No, IGPEnabler=Yes ( for integrated ), -f, -x, dart= 1 / 0, AtiConfig=Flicker / Flycker, USBLegacyOff=Yes, maxmem=4096, arch=x86_64,

I tried to burn the dmg file to a hard drive using Transmac. I could boot from it, it was the same as booting from usb pendrive.

I tried Single channel vs dual channel memory configs.

I tried other pendrives too.

My bios settings are all good for mac os x: S3 suspend mode, AHCI controller enabled, Hpet set to 60 bit mode, Virtualization on.

The funny thing is that my little notebook can run it with 1,6ghz 1 core 2 thread 1 gb ddr3 ram and a sata hard drive( 5200 rpm - 30 mb read/write).

Please reply if you know how to solve this problem. Thanks :)

One more thing to mention: The installer freezes always at the same time. It's like it's programmed to freeze after 30 sec or something. Maybe its related to ram.

Everytime I try to open disk utility, it opens up and then crashes, or it does not even appear and the spinning cursor starts spinning. i tried to wait for it for 2 hours. I think  it's not normal.

DSC_0030[1].JPG

Sorry for horrible image quality, but i think this will make it.