successful install/boot, some bugs?

Question

Hi All! New to this site, awesome site and resources, thanks!

It's been a few years since I "hackintoshed". I had a successful install of Snow leopard on this computer years ago, so dug it out and wanted to try out Mountain Lion.

My rig (an oldie):

Amd Athlon64x2 2.2Ghz

MSI K9agm-2 motherboard (socket am2, 690g chipset)

onboard sound:Realtek ALC888

Onboard LAN Realtek 8101E 

nvidia 8400gs 512mb pci-e graphics (evga)

I must say that Niresh's distro worked awesome! My old snow leopard required many custom kexts and much tweaking, but Niresh's distro worked right after first install. Recognizes the cpu as intel dual core, but it works, everything else seems working: sound, internet, recognizes the 8400gs and monitor and displays at 1080 resolution. (Should I post this system specks somewhere as working with Mountain Lion?)

So now my "bugs":

- I try to install/update flash player but it won't install, sometimes get error, sometimes just get the bouncing red "f" box on the dock

- the mouse pointer graphic stays stuck on the multi-color spinning wheel, or the double ended arrow, whichever it stays at becomes my mouse pointer for the rest of that session (unless I log off and go back in)

- sometimes after closing something a faint image of that window remains on the desktop

Thoughts? Is it a hardware issue? A kext issue? Normal hackintosh bugs? Do you need more info?

2 people like this

7 answers to this question

Sometimes you have to install the corrects kexts for the hardware and make sure your hackintosh is workingCorrectly so that others application dont give you issuesLike if you dont install the correct Graphics kexts or you dont have full GraphicsA application Like adobe photoshop or final cut pro mite encounter errors/issuesSo is more like a kexts issue or not having your hackintosh fullyWorking

1 person likes this

Yes that makes sense, thanks.

Maybe I'm more out of touch than I thought.

My hackintosh info shows the proper video card (evga 8400gs) so does that mean it has the proper kext, or not always?

My sound does show as voodoo hda, so do I need to work on a proper sound kext, or will it always show voodoo for older hardware?

Thanks for the help :)

Well did you intall the video and sound kexts for your hardware? Because most all the time you are theOne that suppost to install the drivers or kexts using (Kextutility) or another kext installer

1 person likes this

No I did not. Like I said, I'm more out of date with hackintoshing then I thought. When I did my previous Snow Leopard project, the vid card and even the sound were listed as unknown - I couldn't get any higher resolutions to work, no sound, etc until I installed the proper kext's. But that must be the differernce using a distro like Niresh's - it must include some generic kexts that work. I will being the hunt for the proper kexts, thank you :)

All hackintosh distro are Like that is You have a Graphic card kext for mac os x 10.7 chancesAre it will not work with mac os x 10.8Because you mite need an updated one or a modified one for it to work.Kexts from 10.7 mite not nessessary work with 10.8 or 10.9

1 person likes this

@mr_fm for now im trying to help you about flash player install, coz your procie just like mine, i use amd athlon64 x2 2.7 for my wife :)

You need to download an old flash player.dmg first, ask google, after that, you can update completely fine :)

i try to figure it out bout your problem later, i still on my office rite now :D but please put screen shoot or cam shoot before asking any help :)