Freezing on Mac OSX Mavericks

Question

I successfully installed OS X Mavericks on my PC with an AMD FX 8350.  

Computer boots up fine and I can open and close programs, but a few minutes after booting, the computer freezes and I can't do anything.

Mouse freezes, keyboard doesn't work and I have to turn the computer off and turn it back on.

Any idea why it's doing this?

8 answers to this question

The computer freezes or just the keyboard and mouse?Because they are two different things? Can u make sure is the pc that freezes and not just theMouse/keyboard

1 person likes this

It's the computer. When I boot using the flag -x into safe mode, I don't have this problem. Not sure where to start when determining the issue of this.

But when you are booting normal,do you use any bootflags?

1 person likes this

Hi, same thing happens to me... I have a Pc with an AMD A8 5600k cpu, a Sapphire Radeon HD7770 videocard, 8 GB 1600 mhz ddr3, MSI Fm2-a75ma-e35 motherboard, two internal HHDs (one dedicated to Win, and the other to OS X).

I successfully installed OS X Mavericks, but a few seconds after booting my computer freezes and I can't do anything... What could it be? drivers? bios settings?

Another weird thing that happens is... in first (second, third...) boot when I do Apple configuration (name, passw, country, etc.), I must do that really fast or I won't be able to boot the system up, if I don't "run" really fast, my mouse arrow and my pc freezes up even during the configuration. What am I doing wrong?

Please Niresh, help us!!!

P.S.

bootflags I'm using are:

-v PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No

or

-f  GraphicsEnabler=No

(they works but when OS X loads, the system freezes up as I mentioned before)

I ended up booting into safe mode with the boot flag -x. Downloaded MultiBeast and installing the Null CPU Power Management Kext and it stopped freezing. 

Hi again, in the end I solved everything using bootflag "amd" (without quotation marks) for starting installation.

And to start first boot (leaving my Niresh OS X Mavericks USB/DVD mounted) I used bootflag: "Kernel Cache"=amd 

And again, if the system won't start after Apple logo, you can try with bootflag: "Kernel Cache"=amd GraphicsEnabler=No

If you have two monitors connected to your graphic card(for ex. Radeon HD7xxx) , remember to disconnect HDMI monitor, and to leave connected DVi monitor only.

This procedure fixed everything in my case.