Troubleshooting Mavericks installation
1 1

Question

Troubleshooting Mavericks installation

Okay, so it's been awhile since I first tried to install Mac OSX onto my computer, im still fairly new to the whole process, before i begin, let me show my build:

CPU: AMD FX 9590 with Corsair H100i liquid cooling

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 290x Crossfired with Corsair H75 liquid cooling

RAM: AMD Radeon R9 Gamer series 2133 mhz DDR3

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z

Hard drive I'm using for this installation: WD blue 320GB laptop hard drive. 

I am aware that AMD based computers arent very "welcome" in any OS higher than Mavericks and that VERY few people have managed to successfully install a newer OS on thier computers. So I wanted to install Mavericks just to save myself the trouble. I followed the instructions on Macbreaker on how to install Mavericks using the Niresh method. Downloaded the distro via torrent, then installed it onto my Sandisk 16gb flash drive using the program that macbreaker mentioned, then went into my bios, set everything to optimized defaults, turned on virtualization, HPET on, boot settings changed as USB first, HD second, AHCI was already on by default, and changed my OS type to "other" saved and unplugged ALL my HDs and put in just that 320gb harddrive. Booted into the niresh menu, i put in the bootflags: amd64 -v PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x2000 cpus=1 then it shows the cmd working for only a second then black screen. NOTE: I am using a DisplayPort for my monitor, under the circumstance that Mac is a picky little b****, i switched it to a monitor with DVI, and i still got the same result. I would really like to have Mac on my computer, is there anything I can do? Particular boot flags?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet