Intel HD4000 acceleration
2 2

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, 

I have an HP laptop with Optimus technology (HP Sleekbook 15 - Ivy bridge HD4000 + GeForce 630M) on which I managed to run Niresh 10.9 but I still got a problem. Needless to say, I can't disable the GeForce from BIOS like on most laptops.

In order to successfully boot in mavericks, I had to remove all the graphic kext files from S/L/E (either Intel, ATI and Geforce), so I can now boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Of course now my system recognises the HD4000 but only with 64M of shared memory and the graphics is kinda buggy. 

I tried to install the HD4000 graphics kexts for mavericks from the download section, but when I do it, I can't boot anymore (black screen). I don't know if that happens because the OS tries to use the GeForce chip or because it needs something else. 

Are there any other kext files that I need to install in order to have a full functional graphics (either using the Intel or the Nvidia chip) ? 

Cheers

add a flag SkipnvidiaGFX=yes in org.chamleon.plist reinstall you hd4000 kexts and use appropriate SMBIOS 

13 people like this

add a flag SkipnvidiaGFX=yes in org.chamleon.plist reinstall you hd4000 kexts and use appropriate SMBIOS

Thanks Deepak. I'm trying it now but it isn't working. Which hd4000 kext did you mean? The original ones that I removed after installing or the modified ones available in the download section? And how do I find out which SMBIOS would be more appropriate for my hardware?

just only find AppleintelFramebuffercapri.kext  may it will in extra/backup folder 

14 people like this

Tried it, also using different smbios, but I still get a black screen. So far I tried with Macpro3,1Macmini5,1Macmini6,1MacbookPro6,1 (I've used multibeast) Anything else I can try?