Read Instructions Carefully
Open source driver for the Realtek RTL8111/8168 family.
New Driver for Realtek RTL8111
Anybody who is looking for a add-on network card with Realtek NIC might want to consider the Delock 89357. This card is equipped with a RTL8111E-VL (chipset 16) which is known to work perfectly with my driver because this chipset is my primary test device.
Key Features of the Driver
- Supports Realtek RTL8111/8168 B/C/D/E/F/G found on recent boards.
- Support for multisegment packets relieving the network stack of unnecessary copy operations when assembling packets for transmission.
- No-copy receive and transmit. Only small packets are copied on reception because creating a copy is more efficient than allocating a new buffer.
- TCP, UDP and IPv4 checksum offload (receive and transmit).
- TCP segmentation offload under IPv4.
- Support for TCP/IPv6 and UDP/IPv6 checksum offload.
- Fully optimized for Mountain Lion (64bit architecture) but should work with Lion too. As of now there is no support for Snow Leopard but it can be added if someone will create the necessary patches.
- Supports Wake on LAN.
- Support for Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) which can be disabled by setting enableEEE to NO in the drivers Info.plist without rebuild. The default is YES.
- The driver is published under GPLv2.