USB boots to black screen USB boots to black screen - Hackintosh Sierra - Hackintosh Jump to content
LordDonkey

USB boots to black screen

I have an HP 17-x044ds with Intel Pentium N3710 (Braswell) with Intel HD Graphics 405, Realtek High Definition Audio, 2TB ST2000LM003 HN-M201RAD Seagate HDD, Insyde F.26 UEFI BIOS dated 6/5/2017, Intel Dual Band AC 3165, Realtek Ethernet, 1x8GB Stick of DDR3 A-Data ram. I created the Sierra Zone installer using TransMac. When I try to boot off the usb drive it just boots to a black screen and nothing happens, no errors, no blinking underscore, no flash drive activity. If I CTRL-ALT-DEL it does nothing but if I press the power button it shuts down. I tried booting it in legacy mode and it just reboots. I looked in the BIOS settings and the only option in there I can disable would be virtualization. So what is the issue?

Did you boot in verbose mode?

-v ?

I can't get to the bootloader at all.

I still haven't been able to solve this problem.

On 14/07/2017 at 5:24 PM, LordDonkey said:

I have an HP 17-x044ds with Intel Pentium N3710 (Braswell) with Intel HD Graphics 405, Realtek High Definition Audio, 2TB ST2000LM003 HN-M201RAD Seagate HDD, Insyde F.26 UEFI BIOS dated 6/5/2017, Intel Dual Band AC 3165, Realtek Ethernet, 1x8GB Stick of DDR3 A-Data ram. I created the Sierra Zone installer using TransMac. When I try to boot off the usb drive it just boots to a black screen and nothing happens, no errors, no blinking underscore, no flash drive activity. If I CTRL-ALT-DEL it does nothing but if I press the power button it shuts down. I tried booting it in legacy mode and it just reboots. I looked in the BIOS settings and the only option in there I can disable would be virtualization. So what is the issue?

I've no experience with using Transmac, that said, your symptoms would imply that the installer wasn't created successfully.

A distant second possibility could arise if you 2 monitors connected.  Try disconnecting one of them as there are known issues with dual monitor setups with Sierra/HS.

I have tested the installer on a Dell Inspiron N5110 and it works on that computer fine. As for having 2 monitors, No. I don't have 2 monitors on this laptop.

i have the same issue and tested it with dell n5110 too ... and it works

tell me when u got the solution plz 

my pc spec

Ryzen 7 1700

AB350M Gigabyte

8 gb ram

GTX1050 TI

I'm familiar with Clover, Chimera & Chameleon boot loaders and as stated I have no experience with Transmac.  Did you install a bootloader?  If so what is it?

So you start the machine, press F8/F12 to access boot menu and select the USB drive and this results in a black screen?  Or have you setup the USB for preferential booting in the BIOS?  Maybe you've tried both?

Are you able to boot from other USB devices now or ever?