Yosemite Zone vs Sierra Zone - Hackintosh Sierra - Hackintosh Zone Jump to content
BillGates

Yosemite Zone vs Sierra Zone

Question

Yosemite Zone vs Sierra Zone

Hi. Its a shot in the dark but maybe there is someone who knows the answer to this. Installing Yosemite Zone is no problem at all, everything works except for network and sound. The display/screen is flawless right out of the box.

But, when i install Sierra Zone the screen is very "lagish", it lags a lot and the glass effect aint working

Whats the difference between Yosemite and Sierra Zone that makes this happen?

Laptop: HP ProBook 6470b / Intel HD Graphics 4000 / Intel Core I3 / Chipset Mobile Intel HM76

Regards

5 answers to this question

maybe try to find intel hd 4000 kext driver fkr sierra zone because sierra is bigger and comes with more features to newer macs and the operating system is 3 gb larger then el capitan sk sierra cant run on a pc with low spec that will be not amazing maybe sierra has other kexts the  yosemite i dont know the solution but what i know is that the macos sierra is twice bigger then yosemite 

On 18.7.2017 at 2:42 PM, demy076 said:

maybe try to find intel hd 4000 kext driver fkr sierra zone because sierra is bigger and comes with more features to newer macs and the operating system is 3 gb larger then el capitan sk sierra cant run on a pc with low spec that will be not amazing maybe sierra has other kexts the  yosemite i dont know the solution but what i know is that the macos sierra is twice bigger then yosemite 

Thanx for your reply demy076. My problem solved itself by updating from 10.12.5 to 10.12.6. After installing 10.12.6 and restarting my screen was perfect.

I still dont know why my screen was ok in  Yosemite Zone but not in Sierra Zone though.

2 hours ago, BillGates said:

Thanx for your reply demy076. My problem solved itself by updating from 10.12.5 to 10.12.6. After installing 10.12.6 and restarting my screen was perfect.

I still dont know why my screen was ok in  Yosemite Zone but not in Sierra Zone though.

how you updated niresh sierra??

24 minutes ago, frnk7 said:

how you updated niresh sierra??

By using the normal way via Appstore, just click "updates" and download 10.12.6.

Btw, after messing around with Niresh installer ( thanks a LOT for his effort ) i desided to try other ways ( out of respect for Niresh and his his awesome job helping us out i wont tell the name of the other installer ) i used a well known installer to install Sierra, and it worked well, and this time with the correct settings for the screen right out of the box, no more laggy desktop and 3mb display.

And just now i tried to install High Sierra on my laptop, with the sudo/terminal way, and it was an instant success, just like installing it on my desktop. 

The High Sierra MacPwn wouldnt work on my laptop.

• Like 1

Use another tool or wait for a update or just do it like terminal way and then install uefi clover or legacy boot mode so hard shouldn't it be.