Can I install Niresh Sierra on disk with niresh yosemite? - Troubleshooting - Hackintosh Zone Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
frnk7

Can I install Niresh Sierra on disk with niresh yosemite?

Question

Can I install Niresh Sierra on disk with niresh yosemite?

The title says all, Can I install Niresh Sierra on my SSD with installed Niresh Yosemite without formatting and losing all? Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

Only if you have 2 partition or 2 hard disk because Sierra and yosemite includes the same folders for system files like application there within safari etc utilities it will overwrite so you have to install it on a different hard disk or shrink/split your volume in 2 partition so just split 1 harddisk in 2 partitions

BTW:

You need to search the tutorial (how to partition 1 hard disk in 2 partition for hackintosh etc....) it doesnt matter which search term you use you got to search it on google

bc im not gonna advertise other tutorials for sites maybe you can find a tutorial on https://hackintosh.zone look in the forums there is something useful in here.

Edited by demy076
hackintosh,zone i used a (,) instead of (.)

On 22/7/2017 at 1:07 PM, demy076 said:

Only if you have 2 partition or 2 hard disk because Sierra and yosemite includes the same folders for system files like application there within safari etc utilities it will overwrite so you have to install it on a different hard disk or shrink/split your volume in 2 partition so just split 1 harddisk in 2 partitions

BTW:

You need to search the tutorial (how to partition 1 hard disk in 2 partition for hackintosh etc....) it doesnt matter which search term you use you got to search it on google

bc im not gonna advertise other tutorials for sites maybe you can find a tutorial on https://hackintosh.zone look in the forums there is something useful in here.

i already have installed niresh yosemite in a 2nd ssd, in the first drive I have Windows. So, I have simply to install niresh sierra over yosemite?

I put niresh sierra on my usb, go to install on drive where is installed yosemite without erasing/formatting drive and I have to start installation? its true?

uhhh yes but it does overwrite yosemite

but you have to format it because os x will automatically say installation failed so btw you have to format in order to install or partition the hard disk