Laptop not powering on after running bootable Sierra USB - Hackintosh Sierra - Hackintosh Zone Laptop not powering on after running bootable Sierra USB Jump to content
Jayprichett

Laptop not powering on after running bootable Sierra USB

Laptop not powering on after running bootable Sierra USB

What I did: Made a bootable macOS sierra USB from .dmg file.

Turned off the PC. (Which previously had Ubuntu)

Plugged the USB in. Bios successfully recognized it.

But then it kept showing a blinking screen.

So, I long pressed the power button to turn it off.

It did turn off.(Albeit, it doesn't start now.)

What's happening now: Nothing. No LEDs come up, the power button doesn't switch the laptop on.

I read somewhere that it might be a power failure, so I plugged in a usb flashlight with and without battery(on AC) and the flashlight goes on for a second. The Power LED doesn't glow. No fans. No beep. No other sounds.

What's going on?

Modele039-TX

Make: HP

Processor: Intel i5

Ram: 8GB

Sorry can not help here, Usually If it was a MacBook i would say your laptop is dead, but as this is an HP could be power failure or Bios failure nothing to do with Sierra

14 hours ago, Niresh said:

Sorry can not help here, Usually If it was a MacBook i would say your laptop is dead, but as this is an HP could be power failure or Bios failure nothing to do with Sierra

Thank you for responding, Sir.

I think you are right. But it is more likely a bios failure, since a usb flashlight still lights up when I press the power button.

Anyway, after I have fixed the bios, do you think the problem would persist? As in, would this happen again if I try to install sierra? 

More so, is it just a massive coincidence that the bios failed while booting with Sierra USB or does it point to something else?

1 hour ago, Niresh said:

I would advice you to try Hackintosh Yosemite

Thank you, Sir. El Capitan won't work as well?

Also, if it is not much trouble and since you know quite a bit of drivers and bios and Laptops, per se, is it possible to flash an empty bios chip without the EEPROM programmer ? (I have managed to fix the power by replacing the fried bios chip with an empty one)

I realize this is not a Hackintosh problem and hence you are not supposed to help me with this. I apologize.