macOS Sierra WiFi and Graphics issues. - Hackintosh Sierra - Hackintosh Zone Jump to content
ShinyShinx

macOS Sierra WiFi and Graphics issues.

Question

After I went through the terrible, horrible pain that came with installing Niresh's Sierra Zone distro (I say it was bad because it was a real pain diagnosing problems by myself, without internet), I played around with the OS for a bit and discovered two things that were a little out of place.

Specs:

Intel Corporation Wireless (7265)
Intel i5 7th gen CPU (7200U)
Intel Integrated Graphics (620)
(I can't find my motherboard ;-;)
This is the laptop. (Sort of?)

>>> Internet doesn't work.

I know that macOS doesn't exactly support Intel (especially in wireless), but I found a kext that's a work in progress here. I was wondering if anybody knows about the progress for this kext, and if anybody can possibly pick it up if it's abandoned? I really don't want to replace my WiFi card (I don't have the money). I do want to point out that the OS shows the Bluetooth working, although I can't be certain, because I haven't tried connecting anything.

>>>Graphical glitches.

When I boot up the OS, the Apple logo screen and the login screen both have screen glitching. Kind of like those old television sets that have the weird black lines that go up and down a bunch, but they don't move, and they're white. There's also much smaller graphical errors such as in Safari, although I don't really mind those too much. Does anybody know if there's a fix for this? It's a little bit annoying, and I, for one, don't like imperfections. Oh, and the touchscreen doesn't work, but I don't really care about that. I sorta broke the screen anyway... hehehe.

It's very much appreciated!

1 answer to this question