Help with Graphics and Boot - Hackintosh Sierra - Hackintosh Zone Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cosm00

Help with Graphics and Boot

Question

Specs:

Intel I5 6600k

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3

8GB DDR4 Memory (I don't think this matters)

Corsair 650W PSU

256GB m.2 SSD

Problem:

So currently what I've done is installed Sierra with the Hackintosh.Zone sierra distro. After the install I turned off the PC removed the Flash Drive I used for the install and proceeded to turn the PC back on to be greeted by the Clover Boot Menu. Selected my boot device and all booted swell (with no extra boot args or anything). I noticed my graphics weren't working 100% correctly because my ultra wide monitor was only running at 1920x1080. There were also small glitches in the screen when I was logging in or using the launchpad. I also have a second monitor connected and it's being mirrored but when I check the display settings it seems to not show up. Because of this I used multibeast and ticked the 'Intel Graphics Fixup' and 'Inject HD 5XX' options. After selecting install with those settings ticked, multibeast returned a error when trying to install. I tried again but also selecting the UEFI Quick Start Boot Mode and everything installed correctly it seems. After rebooting and expecting everything to work correctly; I got stuck on boot at this screen: https://imgur.com/a/rBFgu

I've played with the boot settings and found that I can successfully boot with these options ticked: Safe Mode, and USB Ownership. But the graphics are still messed up, can anyone help me? I'm thinking it's something in my BIOS but i'm not sure. Thanks if anyone can help!

Update: I reinstalled and unchecked 'Backup Graphics Kexts' when installing. I can boot without any extra arguments but my graphics drivers or kexts are still not working correctly (not sure of the terminology). I'm getting 1080p but the computer isn't detecting the 2 monitors plugged in as 2 separate monitors but rather just duplicating the display on both monitors. Also one of my monitors is an ultrawide if anyone needs this information (2560x1080). Im also having trouble finding the EFI partition, there is a folder named 'EFI' on the main system drive but i'm pretty sure that's not it, am I right?

1 answer to this question