bootloader - Hackintosh Sierra - Hackintosh Zone Jump to content
ucup

bootloader

hello

i have successfully installing mackintosh sierra, but i have a problem, even i already installing clover, but always needed using usb for booting. 

because when i booting by clover already installed, the sierra always have a message "panic " , but when i booting by usb, its running.

what i have to do ? 

thank you very much 

On 04/11/2017 at 7:13 PM, ucup said:

hello

i have successfully installing mackintosh sierra, but i have a problem, even i already installing clover, but always needed using usb for booting. 

because when i booting by clover already installed, the sierra always have a message "panic " , but when i booting by usb, its running.

what i have to do ? 

thank you very much 

Mount your EFI partition from your "already installed" drive using Clover Configurator then copy the contents of your EFI partition on the USB over so that both are the same.  Your issue sounds as though you have the kext files in the wrong folder on your "already installed" drive.

hello.

i already tried, but still error.

and even worst, panic error even I booted with flash usb.

thank you

On 09/11/2017 at 7:01 AM, c l a m s said:

Having the same problem at the minute :/ Can boot just fine but I need to do it off the USB

In simplified terms both the USB and HDD need to have an EFI partition created where Clover is installed.  They should both be exactly the same in terms of content so if, as is your case, your USB boots fine but the HDD doesn't then that implies your kexts are in the wrong folder on your HDD EFI partition or you are missing some important kexts.

Make sure you have the latest version of Clover installed and put the relevant Kexts in the "other " folder.  Make sure you have, at a minimum, FakeSMC.kext & NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/OTHER  folder.