still waiting for root device Sierra [Solved] still waiting for root device Sierra [Solved] - Hackintosh Sierra - Hackintosh Jump to content
gontie

still waiting for root device Sierra [Solved]

Hello,

I am trying to install Sierra zone on a E6520 laptop, el capitan works perfectly on that laptop but with Sierra zone it remain stuck on "still waiting for root device Sierra".

I have no clue where to start, thanks a lot for your help.

Hello. Your laptop should run Sierra/High Sierra fine, if you're getting "Still waiting for root device" during boot, try hot swapping the USB ports (When you get that message, move the USB to another port, and keep trying back and forth until you get passed that message). Hope this helps.

Thanks, i will try.

I did this already before booting on the usb but not during the message "still waiting for root device".

I will try this tomorrow and let you know.

So i have tested and unfotunately it doesnt' work.

So i've tried on a Precision M4400, latitude E6520 and a E7470 just to see if i get to the GUI but not.

I am afraid this Sierra is much harder to install than Yosemite which works perfectly fine on different models.

Sorry about that. I saw this on a different forum specifically for AMD OS X.

Try USBBusFix=Yes and see if that fixes your problem it fixed the other person's. Good luck.

The only thing to know is that El capitan was with clover bootloader (Iatkos) and here it is with chameleon bootloader.

I am guessing i can add this USBBusFix=Yes with the -v parameters in the start ?

Ok I've found the issue,

The pen drive is not working anymore when loading the black lines, it is clearly an issue with the USB Ports... :(

There is no light anymore on the pen drive even with the USBBusFix=Yes

• Like 1

Ok, my laptop is probably too old, El capitan is working but it is a Iatkos version.

Sierra as seen in installation guide doesn't support old hardware before 2011, my laptop is just from that year and so is probably to much old..

With EFI clover, i have been able to boot and see the GUI to install so i will have to buy a more recent laptop.

• Like 1

Im marking this issue as solved