Kernel panic after installing mavericks 10.9
Hi, I've had a hard time installing niresh mavericks on my machine
3 gb ram
80 gb sata hdd
512 mb nividia gs 8400 ddr2
Every time i tried to boot the usb with some bootflags it gave me a black screen so i downloaded broyka patched kernel and replaced it with mach_kernel file in the usb . Now i could reach the installer and install the osx 10.9 even without boot flags .
Now the only problem is that I cannot boot to the macintosh HD ,now its stuck on the apple logo and wont show any spinning wheel or mouse its just a n apple logo screen
I replaced mach_kernel file in hdd to broyka's patched kernel
With -v it gives me a black screen with nothing on it ( cursor or spinning wheel )
And with -v -f i get a kernel panic
Boot loader = chamelion (standard)
If i boot to usb the installer works fine .
Hackintosh after 10.12.05 Update (Intel/NVIDIA)
I had some problems after the update so I tell you how to solve the issues:
Black Screen (no signal):
There is a problem with the Nvidia Web Driver. First try to boot without the nvidia driver. Just go to Options > GPU Injection and remove the tick from Nvidia Web Driver and boot. Uninstall the Web Driver -reboot- and Install the new Version 378.15.10.05f01
If you still get a black screen boot a live cd or windows and remove the NVDA.... Folders from System/Library/Extensions and try again to boot. Uninstall the Web Driver -reboot- and Install the new Version 378.15.10.05f01 (If you open the nvidia driver manager to uninstall the driver NVIDIA asked me to install an update - ignore that and uninstall the driver, because the update wont work)
Error 8 / Volume could not be verified completely / fsck_hfs errors / Invalid node structure:
Boot from sierra installation usb and try to repair with disk utility - reboot
-> If that does not work reboot and boot again from sierra installation usb > open terminal > /sbin/fsck_hfs -yprd /dev/disk0s0 (replace 0 with the right number - you can find it in the disk utility) - > the process takes 5-10min
It did not work for me.
In my case, I found that the installed Volume was renamed to "--" and the installation script stopped.
After that the Volume was damaged and I had to erase it with Disk Utility.
I suspect that the error does not come from the script itself but happened prior to run the script. Some process was messing with the installed Volume.