Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saatvik Shukla

White Screen, After Successful Installation

Question

so today i installed 10.8.5...

all the stuff worked nice the installer usb was fine.

it booted nicely.

but after installing when it came to booting to desktop after a couple of second on the apple logo and the circle...the screen went white completely and nothing happened

i tried restart a couple of times but hard luck..no progress at all

28 answers to this question

White Screen or Grey Screen Error is mostly caused by unsupported graphics or un detected graphics card (May need custom kexts)

While Installing In The Customization Section Select The Package "Backup Graphics Extensions"

You can boot in VESA Mode

so today i installed 10.8.5...all the stuff worked nice the installer usb was fine.it booted nicely.but after installing when it came to booting to desktop after a couple of second on the apple logo and the circle...the screen went white completely and nothing happenedi tried restart a couple of times but hard luck..no progress at all

if your useing intel graffics it might be your frame buffer kext

if your useing intel graffics it might be your frame buffer kext

try booting -x in single user mode and backup all your graphics kext

It was the ATISupport.kext. Could someone please walk me through getting graphics acceleration working tho? I tried the rampage dev way and everytime i tried to compile it game me many errors, i cant get video bios from my card if i use injectedid and atiinject it says radeon 7770 but with only 4mb of ram

Oh and if i try to use ati inject and load vbios together it freezes at amdvendregrapgicsaccelerator

It was the ATISupport.kext. Could someone please walk me through getting graphics acceleration working tho? I tried the rampage dev way and everytime i tried to compile it game me many errors, i cant get video bios from my card if i use injectedid and atiinject it says radeon 7770 but with only 4mb of ram

which version you are using  ..use10.8.5 boot with GraphicsEnabler=No 

i tried booting with GraphicsEnabler=No and it just gave me the white screen with the mouse...