"Can't find amd/amdfx/amd64/anyother kernel" - Hackintosh Mavericks - Hackintosh Zone "Can't find amd/amdfx/amd64/anyother kernel" Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Poorman-Patrick

"Can't find amd/amdfx/amd64/anyother kernel"

I just finished the installation about an hour ago. Everything went smoothly, however when I rebooted, the apple came up, the screen went black after some time, and then back to a light-grey color, then nothing. I figured this was a panic, so I tried booting with the flags suggested ( amd -v, amd64 -v, amdfx -v) but the top says "Can't find /amd" or  "Can't find /amdfx". I can't get passed the light grey screen and into the desktop. I feel like I'm so close, so please help me :D

CPU: AMD FX-8320

RAM: 8 GB Corsair Vengence

MB: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 (rev. 3.0)

GPU: GTX 660

-Thanks for any help

If you are successful install Mavericks, and when boot get´s an black screen, only use "GraphicsEnabler=No -v" when pass the welcome configuration wait for niresh configure all and then restart the pc normaly, now you can use the GraphicsEnabler=Yes

• Like 1

if your graphics card is not supported or if you want to temporarily disable graphics card by selecting backup all graphics extensions package (means you can see desktop but no QE/CI Accelerations) 

• Like 1

if your graphics card is not supported or if you want to temporarily disable graphics card by selecting backup all graphics extensions package (means you can see desktop but no QE/CI Accelerations) 

I tried what you said and it worked... almost. I get to the user account setup screen and randomly each time I get This:

"panic (cpu 0 caller 0xffffff7f8156fcc9): No HPETs avaiable...CPU(s) configured incorrectly"

This always happens sometime before it can fully setup the computer