Guest InfamousSynergy

10.9.2 Update help... [Need help, cocked up 4 times]

Question

Hey guys,

I have seen several posts in both 10.9 and Trouble shooting asking for help with the update. I for one have cocked it up 4 times now and am starting to get annoyed. I wondered if someone (Preferably a pro) would be able to give a step by step guide or even better, a video tutorial as I think I speak for many when I say it's hard and I have cocked up...

For the reference, I have an AMD FX-6100. I know this CPU is compatible as it was mentioned as tested+working in the AMD 10.9.2 kernel download :)

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

19 answers to this question

well what i did was that during the initial installation, i installed 90% of the stuffs from customize option. so when i updated to 10.9.1 , the vodoo wasnt working - i repaired permissions using kext wizard - it fixed it.
after 10.9.2 there was no problems as i had all the initial kexts that were supposed to be updated with the 10.9.2 

so u can either try by repairing permissions or try reinstalling by adding the most from customize.

Nope? Still no luck although I am now using that PC on windows and I have switched to a machine on an A-10 as it is more stable. That way I also eradicate the ethernet and sound issues I was having on the FX6100 build. The error on both builds being OPEMU: ud2

By the way, I skipped 10.9.1 so I am going from 10.9.0 --> 10.9.2

@ I posted a step by step guide on how to fix this on the Niresh forums here

Hope @ will pin it in this thread soon for better visibility

The rollback files are in the download area.

1 person likes this

Sweet. I am still a bit dubious of updating... I really would like to see a video guide before I go for it.

@ Yea, i think for people not too concerned about the security patch, the update is too big a risk to take. Problems arise because of a new darwin versio. I myself had problems with wifi not working (AR 9285). Until Niresh comes out with a 10.9.2 installer (which i don't think he will) it's better to be on 10.9.1.

Yea, I found a 10.9.1 combo update which works. To be fair, considering it is security, I was hoping to get it, Plus it may help get iCloud working.

Why do you not think he will come out with a 10.9.2 installer?