Intel HD 4400 Screen Flickering - Hackintosh Mavericks - Hackintosh Zone Jump to content
naonweh

Intel HD 4400 Screen Flickering

Question

I succesfully installed maverick 10.9 niresh edition on my pc and it boot normally. but, one thing about screen, whenever there are animation, the screen get flicker and tear. How can I fix this problem? and how  to check if qe/ci enabled?

fyi, my pc's spec:

Intel i3 4130 with onchip GPU Intel HD 4400

Asrock H81M-HDS

corsair vengeance 4GB

• Like 1

20 answers to this question

If the screen flickers like you say Its a Graphic Problem.did You install the Graphics kexts

For Your Graphic?

• Like 1

If the screen flickers like you say Its a Graphic Problem.did You install the Graphics kexts

For Your Graphic?

no, I didn't install graphic kext (since I don't find one). But I setting in slytherin app to configure chameleon boot.plist for intel hd4400. But it still flickering. Anyhelp?

@naonweh I recommend you inject your EDID through Clover. That will definitely solve the tearing issues. As for graphics acceleration try to inect Intel (enable the option) in clover configurator.

use flag GraphicsEnabler=No, try to recreate the situation of flicker. Post results.

unfortunately, result are the same with GraphicsEnabler=No, still flickering

@naonweh I recommend you inject your EDID through Clover. That will definitely solve the tearing issues. As for graphics acceleration try to inect Intel (enable the option) in clover configurator.

So, I should change from chameleon to clover for bootloader, true? can you explain more about EDID thing? This is my first time using hackintosh (and also mac osx) :)

@naonweh Yes you must change your bootloader to Clover which can be downloaded here.

Then you must install Clover Configurator which can be downloaded here

Then go to my video on how to enable qe/ci, just follow only the EDID extraction part.

Go to clover configurator > File > Open > Your hard disk/ EFI / Clover / Config.plist 

Then go to the Graphics Tab and then copy and paste your edid as shown in the video 

Don't tick any boxes except Inject EDID.

Tell me if you face any further problems

• Like 2

@Devonic Ok I have follow your tutorial, changing boot loader to clover and inject edid. but problem still the same. Even scrolling on browser page result screen flickering. And in system information, my graphic isn't recognised. :( 

grf.jpg