IS OS X Capable of running on 3D Displays? - Page 2 - Hackintosh Mavericks - Hackintosh Zone Jump to content
FightClub

IS OS X Capable of running on 3D Displays?

Question

I have the Alienware R5, and installed the Nvidia kext. HDMI works flawlessly with Cuda support but my monitor go's black. with GraphicsEnabler=Yes my monitor makes a small buzzing sound. I think its because its trying to feed my monitor but cant due to it being 120hz display. Has anyone found a way around this or have any idea's I can try? I don't care if its 60hz I just want to get it to work

12 answers to this question

@FightClub 

If you have followed all steps and tried playing with Clover's settings and still failed, either i recommed trying to inject your display ID using the DisplayID-717 file or just wait for the 10.9.3 update. If you can send me your EDID, i will patch the necessary files and send it back to you. :)

• Like 1

SUCCESS!! or is it ^_-. So I was half asleep in Zombie Mode trying different kext and working with MultiBeast, and Slytherin and was able to get to 120Hz with my main display. Thanks to your guidance with injection. However, Its sluggish, the transitions with windows and desktop animations aren't smooth. Is there any fix you know of that I can try? It worked perfectly through HDMI when I had no main monitor support but now that I do, both my main display, and HDTV are sluggish.     P.S. Thanks for the patch offer, I don't think I need it? :)

@FightClub

People's way of thanking us at Niresh is liking others posts ;)

If you are having sluggish performance, it likely means that you are not getting full QE/CI. I still recommend you try the EDID method.

• Like 1