How I installed Niresh's Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks on a Dell Inspiron 14R-3560 with Dual Boot (Windows 7) - Installation guides - Hackintosh Zone Jump to content
vdonus

How I installed Niresh's Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks on a Dell Inspiron 14R-3560 with Dual Boot (Windows 7)

Question

vdonus    7

Hey guys.

This topic shows how I installed the Niresh’s Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks dual boot with Windows 7 on a Dell Inspiron 14R-3560, some steps may be redundant but that’s the way I did it work, if you have any problem just post bellow that I will try to help you.

Scope:

•          Dell Inspiron 14R-3560;

•          Chipset HM77;

•          Intel Core i7 3632QM (2.2 GHz);

•          Intel HD 4000;

(System Information attached).

•          Dual Boot:

•          Niresh’s Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks;

•          Windows 7.

•          Enable Ethernet;

•          Enable Sound;

•          Enable Keyboard and Touchpad;

•          Enable HDMI on Intel HD 4000 Graphics;

•          Change Brightness;

•          Fix sleep mode;

•          View battery percentage.

Out of scope:

•          Other notebooks model;

•          Enable GT 630M;

•          Enable Wifi.

Preparation:

•          Download ImgBurn;

•          Download Niresh’s Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks (ISO); https://www.hackintosh.zone/files/

•          Burn the Niresh’s Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks ISO into a blank Dual Layer DVD-R with ImgBurn;

- AVOID USB DRIVE, I tried with 4 different USB Drive on 4 different ports with 4 different distro’s, with and without clover extra USB Drive.

•          Burn the Windows 7 Ultimate into a blank DVD-R with ImgBurn;

•          Download and save on a USB Drive the Slytherin ::The Extreme Post-Installation Utility 1.2;

•          Download (Dropbox) and save on the same USB Drive this Hackintosh 

Bios:

•          Access your BIOS and,

•          Disable “Virtualization Technologyâ€,

•          Set SATA Operation as “AHCI†and,

•          Change UEFI/BIOS Boot Mode to “Legacyâ€;

Setup:

•          Press F12 and boot and choose CD-ROM to boot in Windows 7 disk;

•          In the first screen press SHIFT + F10 and:

â€¢           type DISKPART  <enter>

â€¢           LIST DISK <enter>

•           SELECT DISK N (where N is your disk) <enter>

â€¢           CLEAN (keep in mind that you’re going to lose all your data) <enter>

â€¢           CONVERT GPT <enter>

â€¢           EXIT <enter> ;

•          Close the CMD and shut down the computer;

•          Press F12 and boot with Niresh’s Mac OS X 10.9 with no boot flags;

•          Go to disk utility, create and format 3 GUID Partition Table, 1st as “MAC†– Journaled Extended, 2nd as “WINDOWS†– FAT MS-DOS  and 3rd as “FILES†– FAT MS-DOS;

•          Quit disk utility and reboot the machine again;

•          Press F12 and boot with Windows 7 disk;

•          Install Windows 7 on the 2nd partition (will be shown as the 3rd  - format as NTFS);

•          After the installation was completed, unplug all USB Drives and VGA/HDMI cables, reboot the computer, press F12 and boot with Niresh’s Mac OS X 10.9 with no flags;

•          Go to CUSTOMIZE and uncheck Ethernet and Sound, then extend Graphics > Backup Graphics Kext and select to move ATI and NVIDIA Graphics Extensions;

•          Select the MAC partition and install it;

Post Install:

•          After reboot, press any key, than press SPACE on MAC and type -x -f -v IntelCapriFB=3;

•          Create your login on the OS X, wait Niresh’s Mac OS X 10.9, finishes the installation then restart;

•          Boot again on Niresh’s Mac OS X 10.9 with IntelCapriFB=3 only;

•          Plug the USB Drive and Install the Chameleon 2.2 svn rev. 2269

•          Move the EXTRA folder attached replacing yours;

- This Extra was made by Netmagico from InsanelyMac, if you know Portuguese I recommend you also to read this:   http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/296502-tutorial-de-instala%C3%A7%C3%A3o-do-mac-os-x-mavericks-x-windows-no-dell-inspiron-5420/;

•          Remove open MAC > System > Library > Extensions and delete the kext AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext;

•          Open the Slytherin ::The Extreme Post-Installation Utility 1.2 and

•          select Drivers > Sound > All in One Audio Solution;

•          select Drivers > TouchPad & Keyboard > Generic Touchpad;

•          select Tools > Brightness Slider;

•          select Fixes > Startup Brightness Fix;

•          select Fixes > Disable Hibernate;

•          select Fixes > Sleep Image Fix > SleepImageFix;

•          install then all.

•          Install the following kext attached to this post with Kext Wizard:

•          ALXEthernet.kext

•          IntelCPUMonitor.kext

•          AppleACPIPlatform.kext

•          VoodooBatery.kext

•          Repair the permissions on Kext Wizard and reboot without flags;

•          Open Brightness Slider and set to launch at the login;

•          Go to System Preferences > Sound > Output and select Speaker (Analog)

•          Donate and enjoy it! https://www.hackintosh.zone/index.php?app=donate … without @, @Deepak and crew work… We should be light years away             from doing this so easily, I’m sure that these guys are changing Mac OS X history, and now we are part of it.

Cheers and beers!

Vinão

5 answers to this question

Rolly John    0

Hi, anyone with Inspiron 14R 5437 manage to install any version of Niresh? My machine unable to boot into installer from USB even though same BIOS setting.

vdonus    7

Hi, anyone with Inspiron 14R 5437 manage to install any version of Niresh? My machine unable to boot into installer from USB even though same BIOS setting.

Forget about the USB drive for this model... use a DVD...  I used the Niresh’s Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks (ISO)

Rolly John    0

Forget about the USB drive for this model... use a DVD...  I used the Niresh’s Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks (ISO)

So, I guess you tried all the boot flag from USB and none work? Awww... Too bad it's freaking hard to find a dual layer DVD here. I tried to burn 10.8.5 to DVD but fail and destroyed my last two DVD+R. :(

Posted (edited)

HI, I have Dell Inspiron 4010, Before installing i have not set any boot flag, on installation i did customise and only did this (uncheck Ethernet and Sound, then extend Graphics > Backup Graphics Kext and select to move ATI and NVIDIA Graphics Extensions) .

Installation finished successfully but later on when laptop gets restarted and then i boot it with  "  -f -v IntelCapriFB=3 " flag. It later given error ( attached screenshot below).

Dell Inspiron 4010.
4GB RAM - 500GB HDD
Inbuit Intel HD onboard graphics. 

Verbose mode says:
DSMOS has arrived...

Screenshot URL: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8EU9lLUoGWTYko5Ni1mbzQyUWs
Screnshot:

b55nap.jpg

UPDATE:
I fix this issue and i successfully able to use Mac :)
Below thing i did to get it work.

Boot with -s

Type: mount -uw /
Type: cd /System/Library/Extensions
Type: mkdir intel_back
Type: mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/
Type: touch ../Extensions

reboot with -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes IPGEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x3000

Thats it 

Edited by omkar_naik88
Fixed the issue.