Unable to boot to installer... - Hackintosh Mavericks - Hackintosh Zone Unable to boot to installer... Jump to content
WhaleTrain

Unable to boot to installer...

Hi guys, I recently found out about Niresh's 10.9 distro and decided I wanted to try it on my machine (specs below). Unfortunately, even with UEFI BIOS setting correct, I am unable to boot to the installer via the created USB. For some reason, it stays on the blinking cursor and nothing. I can't even get to the flags or anything. There is no activity light flashing on the USB either.

I have followed the guide many times and still unable to boot. I only have access to a Windows machine so any Mac method would be useless for me.

Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Specs:

Intel i5 4670k (No OC)

Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3

16GB RAM

HD7850 2GB

120GB SSD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download iBoot. Burn it to CD/DVD. Boot with it and then select your USB.

I don't know why I didn't think of that. Thanks, I will try that!  :)

BTW Should I download the haswell version or the normal version? I'm presuming haswell but wouldn't 10.9 already have haswell suppport?

Was sure if you could boot USB devices through it. I will get back to you on this.

As your processor is Haswell so you should download Haswell though I have not checked personally. Far I have tested i5 3rd generation with normal iBoot and it works.

You 3rd doubt has same reply as above, Yes I have tested it on i5 3rd gen.

As your processor is Haswell so you should download Haswell though I have not checked personally. Far I have tested i5 3rd generation with normal iBoot and it works.

You 3rd doubt has same reply as above, Yes I have tested it on i5 3rd gen.

Apologies for the long delay, I have been busy.

I think that maybe the USB I am using or the tools or even the ISO is giving me issues. Simply because I cannot boot through iBoot as it doesn't show nor can I boot normally.