Newbie need help after installing OS X Mavericks on Asus N56VZ laptop - OS X Maverick Zone Hackintosh 10.9.0 - Hackintosh Zone Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
slovius

Newbie need help after installing OS X Mavericks on Asus N56VZ laptop

Question

slovius    2

I have manage to install OS X Mavericks on my asus Laptop N56VZ but now the problem is every time I have to key in GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No -x in order to boot in to mavericks on top of that I can't dual boot. So how do I do dual boot? And how to set it to permanent so that I don't have to key the boot flags everytime. Is it normal to use -x to log in? I check on the boot flags command it seems that -x is using safe boot mode (pls correct me if I am wrong) and by having dual boot do I still have to use my USB to log into mavericks? I am a newbie to this..will appreciate help from everyone thanks a lot.

7 answers to this question

slovius    2

It didn't halt I am able to enter mavericks but now there is a funny thing..I can see my windows drive in mavericks but I can't see my mavericks drive

May be your settings like. Goto Finder->Preferences->Sidebar

Here do check your Mac Pro HDD.

Goto <Mac HDD>Extraorg.chameleon.Boot.plist

Open this plist and add these lines anywhere between <dict> </dict>:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>

slovius    2

I am able to see all of my drives now. Also I don't have to key in the boot flags everytime thanks a lot..how do I make it dual boot? Information: I use windows to check my drives they are in CPT not MBR so am I still able to dual boot with using my USB?

slovius    2

I already have Windows installed before OSX and I don't want to uninstalled my Windows because I have a lot of important files inside