Failing During Install - Hackintosh Mavericks - Hackintosh Zone Jump to content
ffsBarry

Failing During Install

Question

Hi.

I am not new to Hackintosh installs, but this one has got my beat.

I can boot to the install section. I've formatted journaled and also ran a repair on the HDD.

When it gets to 22 minutes left it fails.

I am installing on AMD Acer. I have previously got Snow Leo working, but not Mavericks.

Two things.

1) Does selecting different install options actually stop it installing or it just won't work when it has installed?

2) I'm using a HDD plugged in via USB as the target. Is it best to have it plugged into the SATA?

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

Please give a bit time when you create a new thead. You must tell your PC specs in detail.

Be sure about BIOS.

Though it should work but I wont suggest OSX on an USB HDD.

And Yes, it affects (configuration) the whole setup so leave it until you are sure what are you doing.

Also, boot with amd or amdfx (if your system is amdfx) boot flag.

Use the -v boot flag. Take a picture of what happens. If this is a kernel panic, I had the same problem on vmware. It turned out it was something to do with hardware virtualization. Check your BIOS and turn it off if its there. If not, are you booting from the HDD or using VMWare?

Thanks both.

I put the HDD into the PC and it installed perfectly.

It's up and running now.

I do have an issue with having to boot with USB stick in now, but I'll spend some time with that.

Thanks for the quick reply.

The machine is Acer 5551 with AMD Athlon II.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Donation Goals

Hosting

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!

$80.78 of $100.00 goal reached.
    Donate Now
  • Download Hackintosh

• Files

• Hi, everyone, thanks for your time.
      I'm trying to fresh install macOS 10.13.1 (Build 17B48). I'm trying to do this by free myself from multibeast and by put kexts in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.3 and set a good config.plist.

I have this famous issue in verbose mode and can't boot.
      IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lin 0, llk 1,
      IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0
        It's looks like your own issue.

Every time, i can boot the first time. I start my post-install by install the web drivers automatically served by Nvidia. And never be able to boot again…
      I didn't found any plist option that permit to boot over this issue…
      help… !

My list of kexts and my config.plist is joined.
      Thanks for your time…

Here are my list of used kexts kexts/10.13 folder : NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext    v 1.1.3 AppleALC.kext
      AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext    v 1.2.0
      FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext        v 2.2.1
      FakePCIID.kext            v 1.3.9
      FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext    v 6.25-333-g05e0f4be.1759
      FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext        v 6.25-333-g05e0f4be.1759
      FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext        v 6.25-333-g05e0f4be.1759
      FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext        v 6.25-333-g05e0f4be.1759
      FakeSMC.kext            v 6.25-333-g05e0f4be.1759
      HDMIAudio.kext            v 1.0
      IntelMausiEthernet.kext        v 2.3.0
      Lilu.kext            v 1.2.0
      Shiki.kext            v 2.0.5
      USBInjectAll.kext        0.6.2 Driver64UEFI folder apfs.efi
      AppleImageCodec-64.efi
      AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
      AppleUITheme-64.efi
      DataHubDxe-64.efi
      EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
      FirmwareVolume-64.efi
      FSInject-64.efi
      HFSPlus.efi
      NTFS.efi
      OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
      OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
      SMCHelper-64.efi
      VBoxHfs-64.efi

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 | i7-6700(not K) | GTX980ti - OS on SSD.
    • Hi everyone, i got acer Aspire Icore 3 Laptop, and i've trie many installs, however, none of those worked on this laptop, even typing -x -v, never get the install menu, some of the run until the screen flash and reboot's again and again,, Anyone can give me a tip, i would try Yosemite, cause i got MacBook 5.1 can't upgrade to sierra/High Sierra ( well i can with a patch, but can't get the sierra installer ) i've put all the laptop specs on the screenshot.  i think all is components are compatible with mac,, above. Thanks in advance.file:///Users/Memphis/Downloads/Acer specs.png  
    • i am trying to install yosemite on a asus m2n sli deluxe chipset NVIDIA amd Athlon 64 X2 5600+ ATI Radeon HD 4800   and still i am stuck at pci configuration begin or console error. i tried several kernels and graphic cards with no results   i found some kext (no pci ea) now i come to the screen with language. and then it freezes   I’ve tried several thing but i am stuck is there anyone that can help
    • I've created install media with MacPawn as well as with Unibeast from High Sierra AppStore DMG ; The USB disk creation went smoothly, but when I try to boot from these disks all I get is a blinking cursor on top left of the screen, nothing else ... My Mac / Hackintosh : Asus P5Q Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50 GHz 8,00 GB RAM AMD Radeon HD 6450 Legacy IDE / ATA : 200 GB SATA : 320GB SSD : Kingston 120GB
    • Please install Niresh Yosemite now, at the first boot after installation i have full resolution with the intel hd 3000. after repairing permissions etc etc, i do not have any more acceleration at the new reboot. Sometimes by booting pennete I have acceleration graphic, starting from hard disk n. Ah, I got the Chameleon bootloader
  • Download Statistics

• Files
    • Comments
    • Reviews

Latest File
    By rembrandt63

418    0