Gigabyte MB problem- wont boot - Hackintosh Mavericks - Hackintosh Zone Jump to content
Jan Kubeša

Gigabyte MB problem- wont boot

Hi guys,

this is my first post here. After trying for about 3 hours I was finally able to wrrite maverick iso on my usb (tried with dmg first but no luck). Anyway right after it starts booting I got this error:

1399191965__img_20140422_1445441.jpg

Looks like my MB which is Gigabyte 970A-DS3 is not working out of the box. I will probably need to modify the install somehow?

Hope somebody can help.

By the way I got FX8120 (I know AMD :( )

Thanx for your help

@Jan KubeÅ¡a My 10.9 Bootloader was Chameleon 

The one thats in 1st picture is Clover ?

are you sure its 10.9 ? i dont think so

@ I was not able to boot the USB itself so using one tutorial I found here I made one usb with boatloader, second one with diskimager and booted it up that way. If you could point me in a way to get it booting with Chameleon I will be glad to try

EDIT: by formatting with Disk Manager I was able to start writing the .dmg (instead of the ISO) on USB, will let you know how did that go once I try to boot it up.

So, here is what happened: I was able to boot from my flash drive, used amdfx -v to load installer, but I have 2 problems

1. My keyboard is not working (should I get new one or use PS/2 to USB adapter?) It is PS/2 so there probably is not any software solution

2. I got SSD drive, can I install Mawerics on it?

Thanx for your help

@ Didn´t help. My keyboard ios PS/2. I know there is a fix for that in the installation process but some people do not reccomend it. I am thinking about buying PS/2 to USB adapter or new USB keyboard. What would you recommend?