AMD Raedon HD 7640g - Hackintosh Mavericks - Hackintosh Zone AMD Raedon HD 7640g Jump to content
Bryce Wilkinson

AMD Raedon HD 7640g

Hi there, I just installed Niresh OSX Mavericks and i am enjoying it alot! I managed to get ALL my drivers but one working, and that is my graphics. The Most important. I play games like GarrysMod and CounterStrike ALOT but now they crash due to my graphics not being accelerated. I am using a AMD Raedon 7640g 1GB dedicated graphics card (on board) but it isnt being detected and i have searched hours on google and cannot find it! Please i beg anyone! Please help me, i really need this working. I have looked up so many fixes for different cards. NOTE- I cannot switch my laptop to integrated graphics.

Have you considered updating to 10.9.3 or higher? Most AMD HD 7 series cards work with the vanilla kexts there. You might need to revert some kexts though. And install the correct kernel for your CPU.

for me just download Chameleon Wizard (update with the latest) and set up my graphics on org.Chameleon.Boot (AtiConfig and AtiPorts sect) then save. now my desktop resolution is 1366x768