booting issues after mavericks installation - Hackintosh Mavericks - Hackintosh Zone Jump to content
mohtashimiqbal

booting issues after mavericks installation

dear admins , 

I have successfully installed niresh mavericks on my system , 

the system configuration is , 

intel core i7 3770 
intel DP67DE motherboard 
gtx 550 ti graphics Nvidia 
24 GB ram Kingston 

and this was my experience walkthrough , 

i created a bootable USB , using win32 disk imager . 
restored all BIOS setting to default , 
enabled UEFI boot from bios . 
ACPI was on by default in bios . and apparently windows was running on ACPI . however UEFI was disabled in default settings . 

there was no HPTE option in bios so i couldnt do anything about it , 
i dissconnected my windows hard drive by removing SATA cable . 

and plugged in my USB , 

niresh boot screen came up , 
and i went ahead with the install , created a 200gb partition of the 1 TB HDD .  i left the rest as free space to be picked up by windows if possible . 

the install went fine , the system restarted , but during the innitial setup screen it was always freezing .... 
so i restrated , gave the boot flag -x ( safe mode ) 

it went ahead fine , and i was able to boot without freezing , niresh did all the work after i booted in , KEXT permission prompts kept coming up and i finally saw a messege saying that my system is successfully optimized by niresh . 

i restarted , NIRESH USB is still plugged in , i again get the boot screen , 
and this time i did not gave the boot flag -x .. 

i let it boot normally , 

the boot was successful . 

the mac is working fine and flawlessly , however , no Audio in my system right now , 
and no option i get for a resolution above the standard resolutions ,  1280 x 1024 

now i downloaded multibeast ,   and i had no clue what do do with it , installed it randomly , and pooof , 
the system would not boot any more ,  i repeated the whole of the installation ...

and now comes the main problems

1. if i unpluG the niresh USB , it gives no boot screen . and i cannot boot in . 
after booting in , if i remove the USB it works fine , 
but to get an innitial niresh boot menu , i have to plug in the niresh USB every time . 

2. the windows was running previously on ACPI , however , the UEFI was disabled , 
i enabled it to install MAC . 
i remove the USB , disable the UEFI  , (sata controller is still ACPI )
but windows still would not boot .

plus , more over , no way me to boot into mac , if i dont plug in the niresh USB . 

whats interesting here , is the point , that even after disabling UEFI boot from bios , if i plug in the niresh USB . i can still boot into mac with UEFI disabled . without any boot flags .

but i want the solution for these 3 problems . 

1. to be able to boot without plugging in USB every time . 
2. wireless card not working , no Audio works . 
3. i want a dual boot option in my system , how can that be done . 

i have been very precise about every detail , and if you need any more i will be glad to help , it would benefit others as well . so please look into this matter . 

i will come back , with the -v boot flag screen errors .  thank you . 

now these are the screen shot of the BIOS , 

if i remove the niresh USB , i do not get the innitial boot menu , instead system givem me boot 0 error .... 
secondly , 
if i connect my windows hard drive with windows installed and previously booting , 
it does not boot , even if i disable UEFI boot . ACPI was on by default . 
no HPTE 64 bit option is available in bios . 

thirdly , i m trying to install multibeast to see if it resolves no Audio issue , and improves the resolution , but i have no clue what options to choose in the multibeast menu ... 

lastly , how should i boot the windows hard drive , its not booting any more ...