Virtualbox - Fault CR2: Fault CPU:0x0 ? - Hackintosh Mavericks - Hackintosh Zone Virtualbox - Fault CR2: Fault CPU:0x0 ? Jump to content
Danny Glover

Virtualbox - Fault CR2: Fault CPU:0x0 ?

Hello everyone.

I managed to successfully install Niresh 10.9 in VMWare player. However Imho Virtualbox is better and i would prefer to use that.

I tried first installing via the .iso via via virtual box, that failed (with below error) and after a few hours tried VMWare Player. The install into VMWare Player worked, so I then tried loading the harddrive file from VMWare player (.vmx) into virtualbox and installing via virtualbox but either way, I always land at the following error:

Fault CR2: 0xfffffffffffffffffff8, Error code: 0x00000000000000000002, Fault CPU: 0x0 VMM

I am using the distro that supports AMD processors and it has proven to work because I installed it with little issue (and not seeing this error) in VMWare.

Is there some big setting that is on by default in VMWare that isn't in Virtualbox that I am missing or something? Been at this all day and have run out of ideas.

Would really appreciate some help!