Post Install Graphics\Hardware Question - Hackintosh Mavericks - Hackintosh Zone Jump to content
Michael Barth

Post Install Graphics\Hardware Question

As you can surmise from the title, I've gotten 10.9.0 Niresh successfully installed. Ah was that fun... Anyway, I have a NVIDIA EVGA GTX 660 Ti for my graphics card which required me to set the GraphicsEnabler=No option on boot, got that all taken care of.

Now I've tried some games any they work beautifully, some even better than on their WindowsLinux counterpart surprisingly with the exception of a flickering issue. But I have another game that seems to run absolutely horridly and requires me to set all of my graphics settings to low, but doesn't have that issue on Windows. Now it wouldn't be too big of a stretch to say that the game just has a poor Mac port, but based on videos of the game on Mac, it seems like it runs just as smooth, and there's undoubtably some things that are done better in the Mac version anyway. At the risk of being mocked for playing this particular game, it's Duke Nukem Forever.

I'd go ahead and test it on my own Mac, but it's and old Mac Mini with Intel graphics that's slow on its own so... Not gonna help me, heh. Essentially, I was wondering if I might be missing something or if the hardware should be functioning automatically. I tried downloading this NVIDIA CUDA thing and it didn't seem to make much difference. Oh well, any help or information would be hugely helpful.

I haven't yet added my system specs to my signature or anything, so I'll add them to this post:

MOBO: MSI Z87M GAMING
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K OC'd @ 4.2 GHz
GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Ti
RAM: Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133MHz

Edit:

One more thing, I was wondering if there was a way to set my GPU's performance mode. On Windows I had this program force my GPU into Performance Mode 2 so it would constantly stay at 1045 MHz and wouldn't throttle or dynamically adjust the frequency that caused stuttering with certain games.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Donation Goals

Hosting February 2018

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!

$48.99 of $120.00 goal reached.
    Donate Now
  • Download Hackintosh

• Files

• hello all, i wonder if somebody did sucssesfuly installed ati drivers on one of polaris gpu on 10.9 10.10. or 10.11 mac? i find yesterday on some russian forum that they did some bios mods on polaris gpus on siera and high siera but i dont understand process. also no luck for kext emulator on phenom 2 cpu for siera and high siera i got rx560 sapphire 2gb and i tryed install mac but on gpu it said 8mb and graphic is awfull. everithing else works exept spdif output for audio and gpu. i cannot install siera or high siera because of unsupported cpu sse4.1 or sse4.2 my specs are asus m5a97 r2 evo phenom II 955 black edition x4 @3.2 g stock ram 3x4gb ddr3 @ 1333 underclocked because of cpu limitations rx560 sapphire 2gb 60gb adata sp900 2x500 gb wd blue (1x 2.5" , 1x 3.5") all your comments are welcome thanks
    • guys please help me .....................im stucked at apple logo while installing im using hp laptop core i5 7200u 6gb ram amd radeon R5 M430
    • I have working audio, graphics and network on this 10.13  Now store has sent me "security update" which I believe is 10.13.3.  Has anyone done this via store? What do I need to do before I install it? I have issues loading EFI so have to always manually mount it (Clover configurator and EFI mounter both fail) but using terminal and command "open /efi" I am able to mount and make changes to my config.plist too.   
    • Hi guys, I try to install Mac OS X Yosemite on my computer, but... i get stuck at the logo (when i boot it) + i see a bar, who won't charge. Can you give me a solution?   Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual  CPU  E2180  @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz Memory: 2048MB RAM    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI  System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent) Display Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 210  Manufacturer: NVIDIA Chip type: GeForce 210 DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC  
    • Just to Add I used My windows machine with TransMac to wipe and build the install (including USB). I only used the clover installer I forgot that it could switch to chameleon.
  • Download Statistics

• Files
    • Comments
    • Reviews

Latest File
    By Vale1831

13    0