GeForce 9300GE and black screen - Hackintosh Mavericks - Hackintosh Zone GeForce 9300GE and black screen Jump to content
xcodexif

GeForce 9300GE and black screen

Hi !

My hackintosh is working fine, except for the graphics card.

Here are the GPUs I have now :

- 7300GT

- 7300LE

- 9300GE (G98 chip)

- The integrated GeForce 7100

- A stock 8800GT (but the heat is just huge)

First, what GPU would be the best ? (I can buy others if it would be simpler)

For the installation, I used a 7300GT, because it worked without problem.

But currently, I don't have full resolution and no QE/CI (no accelerated graphics).

The nVidia GeForce 9300GE is more recent, so I think it would be simpler to use it.

So I first tried with stock nVidia drivers, but just before reaching the GUI (maybe two seconds after the "NVDANV50HAL loaded and registered" message), I get a black screen (no signal on all outputs). (and the hard drive stops making noise)

I tried these kexts https://www.hackintosh.zone/file/52-geforce-8400gs-for-mavericks/ (the 8400gs v2.0 have the G98 too) but no success.

In org.boot.chameleon.plist, I tried with GraphicsEnbaler on or off.

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance !

Config:

- CPU : Intel Core 2 Duo

- Graphic Card : to be chosen

- Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H (nForce 630i / GeForce 7100 integrated graphics)

Up  ;)

I just checked with a nVidia GeForce 8800 GT, but nothing more : still the black screen on all outputs.

Thanks in advance 

Ok, now it work much better !

I tried lot of injectors but only one worked : NVInject  :D

I have now the full resolution and my 9300GE with its VRAM are recognized.

But... I have, for the moment, no graphic acceleration. The are some artifacts too on the screen.

How can I solve this ?

Thanks in advance

1411582168__capture.png

Hi,

Unfortunately I dont have a solution for you but I can share my experience. I was messing with an nForce system initially and was getting good results but was also encountering the black screen issue that loads of people seem to be getting. I have temporarily killed the nForce mb so shifted my OSX86 quest on to another system, fortunately its a bit more suited to being a hackintosh. I'm using an 8800GT and I'm still getting the black screen (sometimes).  With Niresh 10.9.0 I can get full acceleration but only if I change the cards bios to a Quadro FX 3700 one; thats using the NVDA4All driver. I had some success when using the 8800GT bios when I was trying out adding an EFI string to chameleon. The last NVDA4All driver I used was version 2.3 for 10.9.4. Just to add I did get the system updated to 10.9.4 and had full acceleration but for some reason I could only update via appstore/system update, the combo installer always freaked out on me (actually quite a few installers have gave me problems). Now that apple have released the 10.9.5 update I'm stuck with graphical issues again lol.

I was using NVInject for a while but only got resolution options back, no acceleration and the screen tearing was doing my head in so I moved away from that solution.  Something kept telling me that the black screen issue is something to do with the card trying to set a strange mode. One reason being I could hear the sound of things going on while I was at the black screen, so the system was still running. I raked out some different monitors, none of them support particularly high settings, one can do 1600x1200 at some seriously low refresh but I was more looking for what the monitors would report back (if anything). A few Lenovo screens I tried did nothing other than going into stand by but a BenQ monitor reported back an unsupported mode, cannot sync message. Thats as far as I got investigating that but it let me know the graphics card was outputting something.

With getting graphics to work being somewhat hit and miss Ive changed my approach a little. Now I'm thinking, get 10.9.0 running with acceleration. Then add the card to the dsdt, then update .... and see what happens. :)

I'll add that I am a super noob in anything mac related. This is my learning experience. I'm still having issues trying to diagnose problems, but hey, getting there. :)

If you get up and running I'd love to know what methods you tried out.