[Semi-Success] Asus A43Sj ( Mavericks 10.9.0 ) - OS X Maverick Zone Hackintosh 10.9.0 - Hackintosh Zone Jump to content
cordovaputra

[Semi-Success] Asus A43Sj ( Mavericks 10.9.0 )

Question

Today, i have a good news for them who use the same laptop as mine, Asus A43SJ. Yep, i've finally able to install Mavericks OS X 10.9.0 with only single minor issues, it's about my trackpad which still unrecognised, but overall, it works like charm and awesome !.

Thank you, Niresh and the other senpai who've managed to guide me this far :P

14 answers to this question

hamza4best    0

Hey I want to install Mavericks on my Asus s46 laptop. Can you tell me in detail which steps you used to install it

Couple of Questions

1. I have currently windows 8.1 installed and I want to use Mavericks along with Windows. is it possible?

2. I've my hard disk partitioned into two drives, is it possible to install Mavericks on a third smaller partition which I can make during the installation of Mac OS without interfering with my Windows?

3. Which dsdt you selected in tonymacx86?

Deepak    1,701

Hey I want to install Mavericks on my Asus s46 laptop. Can you tell me in detail which steps you used to install it

Couple of Questions

1. I have currently windows 8.1 installed and I want to use Mavericks along with Windows. is it possible?

2. I've my hard disk partitioned into two drives, is it possible to install Mavericks on a third smaller partition which I can make during the installation of Mac OS without interfering with my Windows?

3. Which dsdt you selected in tonymacx86?

1.Yes 

2.Yes

3.i prefer don't use tonymac dsdt creata your own native one ..

hamza4best    0

1.Yes 

2.Yes

3.i prefer don't use tonymac dsdt creata your own native one ..

Can you explain the partitioning part?

Basically I don't want to disturb my current partitioning of two drives..so I don't understand how will the setup will be able to partition a third drive without swiping out the data? 

Secondly is there any chance that Installing Mac os might damage my hardware?  is my laptop hackintoshable?

Should I just download the niresh distro?

Can you explain the partitioning part?

Basically I don't want to disturb my current partitioning of two drives..so I don't understand how will the setup will be able to partition a third drive without swiping out the data? 

Secondly is there any chance that Installing Mac os might damage my hardware?  is my laptop hackintoshable?

Should I just download the niresh distro?

Well you have to make sure to backup your datas before partitioning the drives.

What is your system specs? 

Is it necessary to format the drive or can I just use my drive with data on it?

The core i5 version https://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/S46CB/#specifications

Alright i'll explain it, and make sure you read this carefully.

If you decide to do hackintoshing, first you need to backup the entire data in your drive to an external one.

Then, you need to make a decision, whether you want to do Pre-Test installation, or Fresh installation. 

Pre-Test means, you don't use the main drive ( C: volume ) for the installation. instead of it, you used the other drive volumes ( just like D: or E: , etc )

How do you choose it?, well it depends on you. If you want less-issues, you can do pre-test to ensure whether the distro works or not, but if you're ready to face any issues without any backup OS ( you can use vmware, parallel desktop, or any other viral softwares to install windows for the backup guide ), then Fresh-install might be the one for you to choose :)

Okay, based on your system specifications, they're all ready and good to go.

Download the Niresh's distro.

ISO : mount it to DVD ( i recommend DVD-RW ), then do normal install by using -v ( as the boot flag in the first boot options )

DMG : you have to restore the dmg file ( for example : mavericks.dmg ) to a 8GB USB ( if you have more than 8 GB, no problem at all )

Have some try first ! :)

Regards

hamza4best    0

So i wont have any trouble with my WiFi,track pad and discrete graphics?

Plus I thought it would be good if I shrank one of my drives to create a new one for Mac.

And the distro torrent only contains the Mavericks.dmg file.no iso why is that?

So i wont have any trouble with my WiFi,track pad and discrete graphics?

Plus I thought it would be good if I shrank one of my drives to create a new one for Mac.

And the distro torrent only contains the Mavericks.dmg file.no iso why is that?

1. Depends on how your system, if it's fully compatible then you'll get less issues. Give it a try :)

2. Okay, that's fine so you still have your windows OS

3. Yes, Niresh haven't release the .iso one. Well, it's an original file that you must mount it into a 8 GB of USB, not a DVD-RW or DVD-R

the tutorial is in this link, really works :  

( thanks to @Deepak )

• Like 1

hamza4best    0

1. Depends on how your system, if it's fully compatible then you'll get less issues. Give it a try :)

2. Okay, that's fine so you still have your windows OS

3. Yes, Niresh haven't release the .iso one. Well, it's an original file that you must mount it into a 8 GB of USB, not a DVD-RW or DVD-R

the tutorial is in this link, really works :  

( thanks to @Deepak )

Followed the tutorial

1. Added the clover booter in my 2gb usb

2.Restored the mavericks.img file in my 8gb USB but when I boot, the clover booter loads up with the christmas theme and when i click on mavericks os x 10.9..on the next page error comes up something like "error loading drivers" why is that?

Plus I tried to restore the image again in my usb but before that i formatted it though windows and now my usb is corrupted how to fix it?

Followed the tutorial

1. Added the clover booter in my 2gb usb

2.Restored the mavericks.img file in my 8gb USB but when I boot, the clover booter loads up with the christmas theme and when i click on mavericks os x 10.9..on the next page error comes up something like "error loading drivers" why is that?

Plus I tried to restore the image again in my usb but before that i formatted it though windows and now my usb is corrupted how to fix it?

Well that's normal. Sometimes clover boot won't do, so you need to use the chameleon boot loader by OSX 10.8.5

How to do that?

Well, you download the 10.8.5 iso then mount it to a DVD-RW, then plug your mavericks usb ( that have been mounted to a 8 GB USB ) together with the DVD, and you'll see your USB name on the booting list