Install Stalls - Hackintosh Mountain Lion - Hackintosh Zone Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Josh Boudreau

Install Stalls

Hey, I recently tried to install this distribution, I can get to the install screen no problem, formatted at drive to use for the os the bar goes along but the install has froze with 8 minutes left, I can't move the mouse cursor or anything I waited 2 hours and nothing happened, tried restarting the computer and it just starts the install from scratch My hardware is Amd phenom II 1055Asus m4a89gtd pro mobo4 gb ram Also I have a geforce 8400 pci card but I'm trying the install using the built in graphics Any help? Thanks

Maybe the installer entered in the sleep mode. Try moving the mouse every 3 minutes so you avoid the installing from sleeping

Hey I tried again this time the install failed u had the installer log open and the error before.it failed was Package kit: install failed: error domain=pkinstallerrordomain code=110 "an error occurred while extracting files from the package "essentials.pkg"." userinfo=0x7f91e846c370

Update

I tried to reburn the image to a dvd using a different program and 4x speed, this time i got down to 5 mins left, i get the same error as above except now its not the essentials.pkg its the media.pkg giving the issue.

Finally got it installed, now im on to a new problem, i cant log into an administrator account, i try the root:niresh and that didnt work and i tried my username and password i created and that didnt work, anyone knows what it could be? 

• Like 2