Niresh Mavericks 10.9 hangs on Inspiron 1720 Laptop at [PCI configuration begin] - OS X Mavericks 10.9 - Hackintosh Zone Niresh Mavericks 10.9 hangs on Inspiron 1720 Laptop at [PCI configuration begin] Jump to content
griftopia

Niresh Mavericks 10.9 hangs on Inspiron 1720 Laptop at [PCI configuration begin]

Question

So I have hunted on the forums for the last 6 hours and tried everything possible. I have also checked and my laptop is compatible.

Here are the specs of my laptop

• Specification Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.50GHz
  • NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

Here's what I have tried

-v -x PCIRootUID=1 ncpi=0x2000 -f

Also tried all permutation and combinations of the above with ncpi=0x3000

Always hangs at [PCI configuration begin]

FWIW, there are a few FakeSMC: [Fatal] failed to initialize SMC device errors, but installer does not hang on it. This may or may not be a problem, but I think that'll come later.

Finally Just before [PCI configuration begin], I always have -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

I followed instructions to the letter and used Win32DiskImager to burn the DMG to USB. I did not touch the DMG in any way. Not sure if I need to. One problem I have is I don't have access to any Mac and also don't have any machine capable of running VMPlayer, so I was so happy when I thought i had found a way at last to do this all in Windows.

Please help !!!

18 answers to this question

Update or reinstall FakeSMC.kext and Graphics is also a issue , you can install it instead of Virtual machine which is better option (IMO)

Enjoy Hacking :)

Deepak 

Sorry, but i don't follow. What Virtual Machine? I'm using Niresh so I can work exclusively with Windows. If Graphics is an issue I understand I can use GraphicsEnabler=No. Please confirm.

Finally can you please tell me how I can update FakeSMC.kext in the DMG before I burn USB with TransMac. This is my FIRST install, I don't have it working from before.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

PS Another unrelated issue. Windows computer no longer recognizes the USB ? ? ? I guess because it was formatted a certain way. In any case TransMac can still see it. Just to make sure I didn't somehow mangle it, I restored the DMG again on the USB drive then used the following options

-x -v PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x3000 -f

No dice. Still hanging at [ PCI configuration begin ]

Virtual Machine = VirtualBox or VMWare .. do a direct installation which is better :)

Try GraphicsEnabler=Yes or No , also this Nvidia oldest Chipset try using  old kext and Natit.kext 

Yeah windows is not recognising bcoz its HFS+ format instead FAT or NTFS which mostly windows uses use TransMac or MacDrive are windows basis tools for OSX ..

-x -v PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x3000 -f

try without -x or npci=2000 its PciRoot=1 or 2 ,3 try any 

Virtual Machine = VirtualBox or VMWare .. do a direct installation which is better :)

Yes -  I am doing a direct install. I don't even have Hardware that supports virtualization to use a VM and only Windows machines. Hence using Niresh

Try GraphicsEnabler=Yes or No , also this Nvidia oldest Chipset try using  old kext and Natit.kext 

Okay, so I will try both ways for Graphics...However how do I use old kext and Natit.kext? What option do I specify while booting? As I said I simply used Transmac to burn OSX-Mavericks.dmg onto the USB. I feel I'm missing some information here. Appreciate if you could point me in the right direction

Yeah windows is not recognising bcoz its HFS+ format instead FAT or NTFS which mostly windows uses use TransMac or MacDrive are windows basis tools for OSX ..

Okay. Someday I will figure out how to recover it in Windows.

try without -x or npci=2000 its PciRoot=1 or 2 ,3 try any 

I will try all the following permutations and combinations. Please let me know if I got that right.

-v PCIRootUID=1/2/3 GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes

I will try all the following permutations and combinations. Please let me know if I got that right.

-v PCIRootUID=1/2/3 GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes

So I started doing just that. When I reached the following configuration...

-v PCIRootUID=2 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

... instead of halting on [ PCI configuration begin ] I got an error

panic : "A kext releasing a(n) OSArray has corrupted the registery <greek> <latin> <mandarin>...

Debugger called: <panic>

BackTrace

<bunch of hex numbers>

I will keep experimenting, but I think unless I understand what to do with kext in my DMG, I'm hosed. Hopefully someone can help. I know people have installed on Inspiron 1720 laptop :-(