razzvan9

Niresh wont boot!

Question

Hi guys i have a Toshiba Satellite with cpu amd A4-5000, hdd 500gb, 4gb ddr3 1333Mhz, amd radeon hd 8330 graphics . I tried installing different versions of niresh but when i i am at the bootloader menu (when i insert boot flags) i press enter and the laptop restarts . I tried a huge amount of flags but none of them seem to work . can you help me?

post-144175-0-56356400-1418146255_thumb.

7 answers to this question

read the manual for installing niresh distro carefully.

step 1: check your BIOS setting

step 2: check your USB boot loader/installer

step 3: use the boot-flag that match with your system

for Non FX AMD processor with Non Gigabyte mobos and ATI graphics card usually use: 

- for Mavericks: /amd64 GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x2000

- for Yosemite  :  /amd1 GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x2000

Hi. I tried doing with your solution but if i add -v the screen goes black and then i reset the laptop and i get kernel panic . What should i do?

try this if you want to install niresh yosemite, this bootflags you must put on niresh yosemite menu bootloader for the 1st boot:

/amd1 graphicsenabler=No pcirootuid=0 npci=0x2000 -v

for 2nd boot after finishing 1st boot (if your HDD not boot properly, you still use USB niresh yosemite bootloader and select your HDD on menu):

-amd1 graphicsenabler=No pcirootuid=0 npci=0x2000

then after that you must use Chameleon Wizard to fix your bootloader so you can boot from HDD properly.