Arny Cutez

MAC SAFARI, iTUNES, iBOOKS & APP. STORE FIX !!!

Question

All credit goes to Duran Keeley for his wonderful kernel & fix.

It took me 16+ format and install & painstaking time to figure everything out as to how to implement them in niresh's yosemite distro.

Here's the link for the fix. Everything is explained inside. Its noob proof.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx_upRk6Kfw9ZGFockpVbVJVakU/view?usp=sharing

Here's the link for @ containing the full webkit patch not in installer form so that he can include this in his distro as a permanent fix.

http://demo.durankeeley.com/WebKit-Framework.zip

It took a lot of time for me to figure everything out. Plz report back if this solves your problem especially for Phenom series processor owners.

34 answers to this question

@Arny Cutez used the same Webkit patch last time but the kernel wasnt the same thanks
but the same kernel is included in that 10.10 distro boot with /amd1 everything will be ok

@ actually thats for AMD Users not for haswell users

1 person likes this

@Arny Cutez used the same Webkit patch last time but the kernel wasnt the same thanks

but the same kernel is included in that 10.10 distro boot with /amd1 everything will be ok

Thanx...I saw both amd1 & amd2 kernel in ur distro after unhiding it...Wasn't sure if amd1 and this was the same..anyways Thanx alot...I will test asap n report back.

Thanks a lot!

It worked for me! 

Now I have the app store, safari, itunes and even google chrome working! 

So, if I want to reinstall Yosemite I have to select the /amd1  kernel right? Because with this kernel I won´t have this issues.

Congrats for your hard work guys!

Yup, Just /amd1 will fix the problem permanently in fresh installation...Tested and works flawlessly !!!

1 person likes this

That kernel should not be in a permanent fix.

I replaced the kernel as stated, and then, i get a kernel panic every time any app tries to access the internet (Chameleon wizard trying to get updates, google chrome, ect...)

Specs : 

Lenovo G510, i7-4700MQ, Intel HD 4600.

(yes, using haswel kernel since the default one in the yosemite zone distro is not working for me).

Still no access to app store though...

it fixed safari,app store and chrome but now my sound and video in youtube and sound in itunes is laggy as hell so bassicly no sound for me. Had to rollback to old kernel.

It might be related to my graphics problem with pink blue icons in applications but youtube was working fine in firefox now is laggy as hell.

The friends problem is the hardware, I explain, first, the Intel ATOM processors are not supported by the OS X native mode, you must modify the installation the path or nomenclature when wanting to install OS X, just case with integrated video cards or external manufacturers using patents ATI and Nvidia, so friends, the pc's hardware does not look too well, as you can install the OS X. If you want a recommendation, suggest you look at the forums more information about hardware support for OS X. for me personally, I had to buy hardware with chipset that Apple uses for their MacPro as Motheraboards original Intel chipset X58, X78 chipset and workstations C600 and W2600CR2, always original, NO Gigabyte or ASUS or brand, only motherboars Intel manufacturing pure, and preferably XEON processors. And also video cards, original PYN NVidia Quadro 4000, K4000 or K5000, so I have obtained optimal results in installing the OS X Snow Leopard from version to Yosemite.

Plz search for chrome canary in google for all those having red artifacts in the preview pics like in FB... n btw chrome canary works in amd64 kernel also.