Figuring out what to do; MSI Radeon HD 7790, Yosemite Zone 10.10.1 - OS X Yosemite Zone Hackintosh 10.10 - Hackintosh Zone Jump to content
Yarnick Soer

Figuring out what to do; MSI Radeon HD 7790, Yosemite Zone 10.10.1

Question

Hi all!

At first I'm new here so I'd like to introduce myself..

I'm from the Netherlands and just started to hackintosh since a day or 2.

So i'll try to detail my problem at my best;

At first of all I tried to install the Niresh Mavericks, everything succeeded after a few errors that I was able to solve myself with the help of -v and the internet haha. But after I installed and booted everything up I found out that my GPU the MSI Radeon HD 7790 2GB is not supported for Mavericks and also won't be. Then I found an article on some forum reporting that the HD 7790 is supported out of the box for Yosemite. So I gave it another try and installed Yosemite Zone. After multiple errors that I again knew to solve myself using verbose mode and the internet I finally got it working. But I'm bounded to the 1024x768 resolution while I've got a monitor that supports 1920x1080. And it's extremely choppy and laggy... But I'm now so surprised what to do because I read that for yosemite this gpu is supported out of the box. Also when I click About This Mack -> Display it give's me the information that my gpu isn't even detected the only thing it says is 3 MB Display. What is going wrong? I've had to use the flags "npci=0x2000" and I tried PCIRootUID=0 & PCIRootUID=1 because maybe it would've been recognized then. But too bad it isn't.

My specs;

Gigabyte F2A75M-HD2

AMD Athlon X4 @4,3 GHz

MSI Radeon HD 7790 @1.05 GHz

8GB Ram

I hope I've supplied you with enough information and that someone know what to do. Also my integrated graphics are not working even when I enable them in the BIOS it just gives a black screen.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet