Dell Latitude E5510 Graphic Problems - OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 - Hackintosh Zone Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest fixmetal

Dell Latitude E5510 Graphic Problems

Guest fixmetal

Hello everybody.

After succesfully installing a iATKOS ML3U on my main PC, I wanted to do the same on my work notebook, a Dell Latitude E5510.

The rocker refused at all to boot from the same USB I used for my PC. Therefore I've tried a Niresh 10.8.5 Uefi image.

Bootloader shows up, but no matter what combination of boot flags I use, it will ever show the welcome screen like the pic I've uploaded here

https://www.hackintosh.zone/file/668-dell-latitude-e5510-welcome-screen-graphic-error/

The PC has got this hardware:

-Intel i5 520m (socket rPGA 989 aka G1)

-Intel HM55 chipset

-Intel GM45 Graphics (dmidecode shows this, and actually Dell distributes this driver for Win OSes)

-2 x 4GB DDR3-1600

I know this has got eDP display cable. It's like the worst case ever, but on the net somebody managed to install some hackintosh stuff. I doubt they did a EFI installation though, but that doesn't really have nothing to do with graphic.

Do any of you have hints?

Thanks in advance.

*EDIT* Re-uploaded image

Manually perform steps given in Dell Latitude E5510 Manual and troubleshoot the booting error that you are facing. If the tips given in manual will resolve your issue then its ok if not then contact Dell Service for assistant support.