Question

MBO: ASUS M4A88T-M
CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 250 @ 3.0 Ghz
RAM: 6GB DDR3 Transcent 1333 MHz, 1x2GB + 1x4GB
GPU: VTX3D Radeon HD4670 1GB
HDD 1: WD Green 160GB
HDD 2: Not really sure which one, it is SATA and im installing it there

That is my configuration.

I downloaded the dmg image from the site, used TransMac to put it on my usb and I switched the settings I could in BIOS (virtualisation, S3 mode, AHCI on SATA options). Now, I booted with /amd and it stuck at the boot screen, as you can see.

post-161118-0-60912400-1423768812_thumb.

Then I tried to boot with /amd npci=0x2000, same thing happened. So then I booted with the same bootflags and added maxmem=4096, I got the same screen that I stuck on, except when I moved my mouse, the loading bar actually filled, but just like 0,5%. I went to verbose to see why is it stuck there, same bootflags, but I tried /amd64, so it was exactly like this /amd64 -v npci=0x2000. It lead me to that same error like the title suggests: "RTC : Only single RAM bank (128 bytes)" stuck there, won't move anywhere. What should I do? I was looking around and I didn't find anything relevant to this error on Yosemite.

Also, when I boot up (I have HDMI to DVI cable, my screen is 21,5'' 1080p, and has DVI output so DVI is in screen and HDMI is in the PC), it happens to stay a bit tiled, so the screen (this is happening with the POST screen as well) is a bit cutoff, looks like its zoomed out, slammed in the middle of the screen, not stretched out. Any reason why that is so, or is it just GraphicsEnabler?

EDIT: I tried to boot /amd1 -v npci=0x2000 maxmem=6144 and it got me past that RTS thing but not very far.
post-161118-0-90579300-1423770780_thumb.

If you can't read it, it says
USBF: 6.401 AppleUSBEHCI::CheckSleepCapability - controller will be unloaded across sleep

USBF: 6.403 AppleUSBEHCI::CheckSleepCapability - controller will be unloaded across sleep

USBF: 6.457 AppleUSBOHCI::CheckSleepCapability - controller will be unloaded across sleep

USBF: 6.462 AppleUSBOHCI::CheckSleepCapability - controller will be unloaded across sleep

Now I'm stuck there and I don't know what to do next.

3 answers to this question

OK, so I used these kexts
/amd -v npci=0x2000 maxmem=6144 USBBusFix=Yes and I booted up the installer

Now, I installed with all default options, except I chose npci=0x2000 option, disabled GraphicsEnabler and I installed it. The installation was going great until the last minute, last 0,5 cm of the installer loading bar, then I got the message saying
"OSX could not be installed on your computer.

The operation couldn't be completed. Undefined error: 0 Quit the installer and restart your computer and try again.

Tried again with the same settings, same thing happened. I saved all the logs, only errors, errors and progress and all logs.

all logs.txt

errors and progress log.txt

errors only log.txt

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

OK this time I disabled some kexts and after 5 tries I managed to install it

Booted up without the USB, with flags -v npci=0x2000 maxmem=6144 USBBusFix=Yes and I booted up almost all the way until it got stuck at this screen.

post-161118-0-74452700-1423788420_thumb.

From what I've read, that slot 1 should be the GPU but also this power management issue is suspicious as well.

OK, so I booted it with flags -v npci=0x2000 maxmem=6144 USBBusFix=Yes nv_disable=1 cpus=1 and it got me to this screen.

post-161118-0-68454600-1423823181_thumb.