Problem after installing Yosemite, gray screen (pantalla gris) - OS X Yosemite Zone Hackintosh 10.10 - Hackintosh Zone Jump to content
kamilo_zamar

Problem after installing Yosemite, gray screen (pantalla gris)

Question

Hello everyone,

My problem starts to reboot after installing ("Niresh Yosemite 10.10") after installation, when you reboot and should enter the settings for the first time, shows a gray screen, and not continuous from there. I've tried many flags (-v, -f -x -F, cpus=1, GraphicsEnabler=No, UHCIreset, etc...) but the result is the same, a gray screen, I can't think of anything else, had already installed "Niresh Mavericks" but had not had problems (at least with the installation), and installing Yosemite, I leave with customization options by default, I do not move anything, and yet the result is the same, at the beginning of the installation but using the flag for my AMD processor ("/amd64") I went out error ("still waiting for root device"), but it solves the flag (USBLegacyOff=Yes), and then if starting the installation.

Here the specs of my PC, is an old machine, but still could install Mavericks:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual-Core

GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT 8400gs 512 MB

HDD: Hitachi 320 GB SATA

RAM: Kingston 4 GB

Motherboard: MSI Nvidia chipset (MCP61P)

Ports USB: only 2.0

PDT: Sorry for my por English.

En Español:

Saludos,

Mi problema es que después de reiniciar luego de haber instalado "Niresh Yosemite", cuando debería entrar a la configuración del Mac por primera vez, me aparece una pantalla gris, nada mas, solo una pantalla gris y se queda ahí congelado, he probado con todos los flags que encontré (-v -f -x cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No etc...)  pero el resultado sigue siendo el mismo, la misma pantalla gris, no se que hacer mas, pues creo que lo he intentado casi todo, antes tenia instalado "Niresh Mavericks" y la instalación no genero muchos conflictos, y de ahí uno que otro problema pero ya, andaba, incluso en la instalación de Yosemite en la parte de personalizar la instalación lo dejaba por defecto y el resultado después de reiniciar es el mismo, a pesar de que mi procesador es AMD, usaba el flag "amd64" y me generaba el error "still waiting for root device" y lo arreglaba con el flag "USBLegacyOff=Yes" y la instalación continuaba normalmente.

Estas son las especificaciones de mi PC, es vieja pero aun así pude instalar Mavericks:

CPU: AMD Atlhon 64 X2 Dual-Core

GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT 8400gs 512 MB

HDD: Hitachi 320 GB SATA

RAM: Kingston 4GB

Placa: MSI chipset Nvidia (MCP61P)

solo con puertos USB 2.0

3 answers to this question

Because nobody answered or helped me and left me alone with my problem, I had to keep trying with other flags and other solutions until they solved it. To start when installing keep in mind the following points:

1. If you have AMD, and are installing Yosemite but your BIOS does not support AHCI or changed but you still get the error: "Still waiting for root device" in addition to the flags for amd and -v -f, also used: USBLegacyOff=Yes or USBBusFix=Yes. and the installation in the section "customize" select "totally fix still waiting."
At least to me it worked me.

2. The solution to my problem (gray screen after the first reboot after installing.) If you are installing before you start, go to "customize" and select npci=0x2000, but if you already installed and're stuck in the reboot that takes you to the gray screen, then enter the same bootflag at the beginning: -v,  -f and npci=0x2000 and ready, but you could also try npci=0x3000, then add the boot .plist.
Of course this also I worked.

At least with this as I have an almost functional Yosemite, then at least let you in and Login, then remains fixed, app store, safari, but that's another thing.

I hope I could help with the same problem, at least I try.

PDT: Sorry for my poor English

Niresh    2,309

@kamilo_zamar updating your kernel to the latest version will fix your safari glitches there is an appstore fix available in downloads section

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Download Hackintosh

• Files

• Hey!  I successfully installed macOS Sierra with the Version SierraAMD v3 on my AMD Pc.  But after setting up the PostInstall via Terminal, the OS stops booting at this line : ioconsoleusers: gioscreenlockstate 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 Any solutions?    My System Specs: Mainboard: Asrock 970 Pro3 r2.0 Processor: AMD FX-6300 Graphics: Sapphire Radeon RX460 4GB   Thanks!
    • Ok, so I built a new hackintosh with Niresh Mavericks 10.9.0 on a modified Dell Precision T7400 and mostly everything seems to be working correctly except for two things: Sound (The obvious one), and Online video content (Youtube, Facebook videos, etc) play at lower than 1 fps, frozen speed, after 10 seconds of playback it reaches 4 seconds of elapsed time and I have found no other forums explaining this or talking about this so I decided to bring it up here. As for the sound situation, I already bought a new card to replace the X-FI, so yes, I am aware of the Sound Blaster Audigy X-FI Xtreme Audio not being supported, but what caught my attention is that the sound was working and video playback problem was gone temporarily, I happened to hear the sound from my headphones sitting on my desk and put them on, and sound. I decided to test a video on youtube, the problem with the videos, gone. But after a reboot, they were back. However I have the logs from today and can give them to whoever wants/needs them to figure out what may have caused the sound to kick in on the X-FI and maybe add support for this sound card. I copied as far back in the time that the system was on while sound was working that I could up to the shutdown event. I know it's pretty large but I am not sure where to look, I am simply handing this out to whoever wants to see what may have given me audio on this card for the session. From what I can see that looked to be the most closely related to my issue is something to do with bluetooth (I don't have bluetooth, btw), it says in console: "9/20/17 6:49:55.785 PM com.apple.audio.DriverHelper[200]: The plug-in named BluetoothAudioPlugIn.driver requires extending the sandbox for the mach service named com.apple.bluetoothaudiod." repeatedly many times. This could be completely unrelated.   The only recent actions I made that I personally can think of that may have triggered this would be: I installed several different versions of a music player through Winebottler and it failed to start, more and likely because of the lack of .net framework 2.0 and 4.0, this is my highest suspicion of being the likeliest cause, but I could be wrong. I installed Crossover and installed the music player in it, which it ran in and is where I discovered that you need .net 2.0 and 4.0 (It had the player in it's database and installed .net automatically) Ran Discord (It uses output/input, so may as well add that in) The player was MusicBee, and when it crashed, it also left a log that I could probably try to reproduce if needed.   Specs: Dell Precision T7400, 1x Intel Xeon x5482 Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 16GB ddr2 ram 667mhz (Tested to be working correctly, please don't ask me to run a mem test I am impatient enough as it is)
    • 980m+intel 530, 6820hk 512ssd+120ssd+1TB im trying to install macOsierra, and i tried a lot of combinations of arguments and configuration, nothing seems to work, i got the same problem every time ofter i start the installation! Is saying: System uptime in  nanoseconds: some random numbers.
    • Hello guys!

Today I tried to install macOS High Sierra from a bootable usb, but my pc froze during the booting process.
      I need help. Can you help me?

Here I attached a demo with the problem.
      https://goo.gl/cp5E8M

Thanks in advance!
    • Hi, I am new at this, I installed maverick on a Lenovo g460 and everything ok but when I try to start appear a screen and say "system uptime in nanoseconds..." , I use -x and -x and others but I can't solve my problem. Sorry for my English. Thanks 
  • Download Statistics

• Files
    • Comments
    • Reviews