Hafjell

Yosemite Zone only booting in safe mode with a bunch of parameters

Question

Hello,

just installed Yosemite Zone 10.10 from Niresh USB image. The installation failed with "Undefined Error 0", yet still the OS is booting and working, but only if I boot with the following parameters:

IGPEnabler=N GraphicsEnabler=N -x -v dart=0 UseKernelCache=N -f

I assume that this is not how it is supposed to be. If I leave any of the options out, it will either result in an immediate kernel panic or a loading screen with the HackintoshZone logo and a progress bar loading extremely slow and stopping at ca. 50%.

Here is my config:

- CPU: Intel Core i5 4570 (4x3,2 GHz)

- GPU: NVIDIA GTX760

- Board: Gigagbyte H87-HD3

BIOS Options:

- VT-d disabled

- xHCI auto

- xHCI Hand-off enabled

- EHCI Hand-off enabled

What can I do to omit the parameters or at least apply them automatically without having to type them every time?

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

i need the log of the installation because i cant be sure if the os x installation has copied required files

try to install nvidia web drivers

if possible boot with just -v and attach a screenshot

Hi,

I did not change any settings in the image, so I assume it is still the default one in the Yosemite Zone DMG Image (Chameleon).

UPDATE: I have formatted my USB drive and re-copied the image and double-checked some BIOS settings. For some reason, I could perform the installation without any boot flags now and installation succeeded without the "Undefined Error 0". Nevertheless I still can't boot the OS in normal mode because I'm stuck at the HZ loading screen and after 20-30 min the screen signal turns off.

In verbose mode, this is where it stops: https://i.imgur.com/bJjR4WP.jpg

I also tried with dart=0 -f which results in a kernel panic.

UPDATE 2: I have managed to make it work with GraphicsEnabler=N -f by unplugging my USB wifi antenna (but that is no problem as it is not compatible with OSX anyway) but booting is very slow (takes about 2 minutes). What can I do to speed things up?

EDIT: Now it takes 40 seconds from pressing Enter on the boot screen until login screen appears, can this be optimized further or is this a normal boot time (without SSD)? I read something about deleting unnecessary kexts but am not completely sure what I can delete without breaking my system.