Yosemite 10.10.1 installation not detected in BIOS - Hackintosh Yosemite - Hackintosh Zone Yosemite 10.10.1 installation not detected in BIOS Jump to content
mosu90

Yosemite 10.10.1 installation not detected in BIOS

Hi,

First of all, thank you Niresh for your great work!

I am having troubles trying to setup a hackintosh on my ASUS laptop (see signature).

I succesfully installed Yosemite 10.10.1, fixed my intel HD 4000 graphics to work QE+CE, but I am having troubles with the boot loader. I can only boot using my installation USB drive because I cannot set the boot option to my hdd in my BIOS.

I am trying for 2 days and I read all kind of forums and tried all kind of things until i finally destroyed my installation trying to delete chameleon from OSX partition and install it to EFI partition.

I just installed Yosemite again using customized install options (Install Chameleon EFI) but no change, still cannot boot directly from HDD.

I read something that asus bios is not able to read the GUID partitions ? Is that the cause ?

I have a SSD where I plan to install when I will make everything work. Will this help me ?

Can you guys guide me to install it correctly ? Maybe I have to make a FAT32 EFI partition and install the boot loader there ?

I would prefer to use chameleon because I successfully found the correct settings for my video card and this was a headache too, but if it's not possible I will install Clover and then try to fix the graphics again.

PS. I still don't know if my laptop is UEFI capable, but I have no option in BIOS to enable UEFI, so I guess not.

Thanks, and any additional info you need, I will be here!