black screen after apple logo - Hackintosh Mavericks - Hackintosh Zone Jump to content
Mano Aamer

black screen after apple logo

Question

Hi guys,

I installed mavericks successfully on my amd PC

The Kernels that I used are amdfx -v and i installed it successfully

now when reboot my system i get the apple logo with the spinning circle but after some time it gives me black screen

My specs are

AMD FX 4100 Quad Core 3.6 GHz CPU

ATI Radeon HD 5770 GDDR5

8 GB of DDR3 RAM

MSI 970A G45 Motherboard

I installed it several times and every time i get a different problem

the first time i installed it i had a kernel panic but after deleting a file called appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext it gave me this blank screen after the apple logo :(

what should i do ?

10 answers to this question

When you're booting the system, do you still use that bootflag? If not, you should.

When you're booting the system, do you still use that bootflag? If not, you should.

what are the flags that i should use ?

I have the same problem, I have had this problem since Mountain Lion. I was hoping for better compatibility with Mavericks. I tried installing video kexts for both GPU's, that did not work. So  I added the following to boot plist:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>  <string>1366x768x32</string>  <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>  <string>Yes</string>  <key>HD4000PlatformId</key>  <string>5</string>  <key>HDAEnabler</key>  <string>Yes</string>  <key>Legacy Logo</key>  <string>Yes</string>  <key>SkipAtiGfx</key>  <string>Yes</string>

Here are my specs below:

HP DV6t-7000 Quad Edition (Ivy Bridge)3rd Generation Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3 GHz181B 52.24 System BoardIntel HM77 Express Chipset/Intel 7 Series/C2108GB DDR3 SO-DIMM 1600MHz PC3-12800 204-PINNVIDIA GeForce GT 630M (1GB DDR Dedicated RAM)/Intel HD 4000Bluray player/burner3x USB 3.0 "SuperSpeed"/ 1x USB 2.0/HDMI/VGA/RJ45 Eithernet Port/Headphone-Out (Stereo)/Microphone-InMulti-Format Digital Media Card Reader for Secure Digital cards & Multimedia cardsHP TrueVision HD Webcam with integrated Dual Array Digital Microphone (High Definition Low-Light)4x Beats Audioâ„¢ Internal speakers; Beats Audioâ„¢ Audio playback; HP Triple Bass Reflex with SubwooferSynaptics TouchPad with on/off button and support for multitouch gesturesFull-sized Island-style Backlit Keyboard with NumberpadIntegrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LANIntel 802.11b/g/n Wireless with Bluetooth

Here is a my computer booting in Safe Mode with -v -x cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z4QDrgxG5w

what are the flags that i should use ?

The same that you used in the installation.

The same that you used in the installation.

I know the problem now

It doesn't start when I plug in my vga monitor

but when i connect a TV with HDMI it starts with the boot flag GraphicsEnabler=No -v

when i boot with GraphicsEnabler=No -v in my VGA monitor it shows me a no signal box in the screen

Ok I got it to where the apple screen stays with the spinning wheel, but the OS is actually running behind it! I heard the guy come on talking about set up steps and can hit keys and here a reaction from the OS. What's going on here?

@

Yes, what's going on is that the Display doesn't display anything because it is not using the correct personality ( a set of instructions that allow the card to output video )

For ATI Cards in general, always use the Clover Bootloader which you can download here. Install it. Reboot after installation.

Also download Clover configurator and install it

Now open Clover configurator. Go to File > Open > Your hard disk/EFI/Clover/config.plist

Head over to the Graphics tab and select these options.

1) Inject EDID

2) Load Video BIOS

3) Inject ATI

4) Patch Video BIOS

Type the following in the specified boxes.

1) FBName ---> Eulemur

2) Video Ports ----> 3

Save and Reboot 

If this doesn't work, you will most probably have to dump your video bios from adiad64 in windows and extract your EDID. Tell us if you face any problem.